Heart Attack Grill - Dallas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heart Attack Grill - Dallas

Heart Attack Grill just opened this past week in Dallas. I can't wait to go. I have to try just to see if it's any good. The burgers look great, the fries are fried in lard(fairly primal), and the shakes sound really good.

This of course will be a full on cheat meal. Anyone else been to this place yet? I know they have had one in Arizona for a while.

I have not been, but this Saturday I have plans to either visit it or the In N Out burger that just opened.

Just don't eat the bun.
    "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
    - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

Comment

Yes, I plan on visiting both. I have heard good stuff about In and Out burger. I will probably eat the bun. I don't cheat much, so if I am going to either of these places, I will do the whole experience.

Comment

No, but I want to drive down and try it some day (I'm about an 1 1/2 hours North). I'd definitely have to try that Butterfat Shake.

Oh, and I've eaten at an In and Out in CA before, and I intend to try it again now that one is closer. Not primal, but good tasting nonetheless.
        Last edited by Pooka; 05-18-2011, 10:20 AM.

Comment

I'll need to try Heart Attack next time I'm in town. It definitely sounds promising.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

I haven't tried it yet, but plan to soon. Also want to check out Elevation Burger just opened in Dallas off Hillcrest. Only serve grass-fed beef and fries are cooked in olive oil

Comment

Elevation Burger is ok... I remember being super excited to try it and was underwhelmed. I'd rather have the buffalo burger at Twisted Root.
              "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."

Comment

Originally posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
                Yes, I plan on visiting both. I have heard good stuff about In and Out burger. I will probably eat the bun. I don't cheat much, so if I am going to either of these places, I will do the whole experience.
                I'll indulge in a bun at some other burger places, but at In N Out I actually prefer mine protein style (wrapped in lots of lettuce).
                "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

Comment

Originally posted by Goldsmith View Post
                  I have not been, but this Saturday I have plans to either visit it or the In N Out burger that just opened.

Just don't eat the bun.
                  Just order your Double Double from In N Out, "animal style" in a "protein wrap" Comes with grilled onions and wrapped in lettuce!
                  My name is Matt and I am a Beef Jerky Wizard.
                  www.greenlightjerky.com

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLightJerky View Post
                    Just order your Double Double from In N Out, "animal style" in a "protein wrap" Comes with grilled onions and wrapped in lettuce!
                    I might have to try it that way. I am really hungry. Must be time to eat.

Comment

We tried to go try out the In N Out in Frisco last night. It was ridiculous... they have traffic cops out there directing the drive though line and the estimated wait time was 1.5 hours. I don't think any food is worth that.

We ended up driving across the street and I got a "Wild Boar" burger on Romain lettuce at Fuddruckers.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldsmith View Post
                        We tried to go try out the In N Out in Frisco last night. It was ridiculous... they have traffic cops out there directing the drive though line and the estimated wait time was 1.5 hours. I don't think any food is worth that.
                        That's nuts! But In N Out's expansion beyond CA, NV, and AZ has been a long time coming ... hopefully it'll settle down after a while.
                        "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

Comment

I can't see it being better than Whataburger anyways.

Comment

Ok, so I did it. My daughter and I drove out to Dallas to try the Heart Attack Grill. I decided, if I am going to cheat, then I might as well go all the way. I had their single bypass burger(large meat patty, cheese and 4 slices bacon), chocolate shake and fries. The burger was good, not the best I ever had, but it was good. However, I thought the fries were some of the best I ever had. They make them fresh from real potatoes, and they are fried in lard. Very crispy on the outside, and soft on the inside. The shake was also very good. It seemed to be the kind of shake from a machine, but was very creamy. According to their menu, it is made from real, pure cream. They also put a pat of butter on top for good measure.

My overall assessment is that I would go there again if I was in the area, but I wouldn't make a special trip for it. It is pricey, but the whole medical atmosphere and the spoofing of the medical community in general is kind of fun.

I also enjoyed watching people try to get down a double bypass burger. It's a huge burger, and I don't think most average eaters can finish it. I don't see how anyone can eat the triple or quadruple!

Comment

Working...
                            X