I have a challenge for you all.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a challenge for you all.

Help me get my extremely lazy, cooking retarded brother into PB. Or at least not eating Lean Cuisine for lunch EVERY DAY.
    He's 24, 6'4 and about 220lbs. Strong but no tone.

I'm still new to PB so i need some backup!
    I need short, informative articles...or videos. He's got the attention span of a gnat.

I emphasize the laziness of this kid. He's got an active job but drinks like a fish...and eats like a roach diet.
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

You can't force anyone to do anything they don't want to do...
    Trust me, I've tried!

Comment

Originally posted by tanyayogi View Post
      You can't force anyone to do anything they don't want to do...
      Trust me, I've tried!
      He's open to it, just a lazy bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by Nion View Post
        He's open to it, just a lazy bastard.
        No offense but...you're being lazy. Do the work for this yourself! Go to Primal 101, Mark has very concise, very informative "Definitive Guides to...Grains/Fats/etc."
        You can search the forums and MDA. You wanna make your brother eat less grains, you'll find that in Primal 101. You'll find everything there, come to think of it...

Comment

Originally posted by tanyayogi View Post
          No offense but...you're being lazy. Do the work for this yourself! Go to Primal 101, Mark has very concise, very informative "Definitive Guides to...Grains/Fats/etc."
          You can search the forums and MDA. You wanna make your brother eat less grains, you'll find that in Primal 101. You'll find everything there, come to think of it...

I HAVE sent him all of that, i'm saying that he's too lazy to read it, and i don't know how well i can summarize it, being new to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nion View Post
            I HAVE sent him all of that, i'm saying that he's too lazy to read it, and i don't know how well i can summarize it, being new to it.
            Re-read and take notes if it's that important to you. That's what I would do.

Comment

Tell him it will make him more virile and manly!

Comment

Show before and after pics.

Comment

Show him some of the success stories. Share some of the awesome meals found in the recipe section.
                  Lead by example and focus on your change and if he's smart enough to come along, perfect!
                  My name is Matt and I am a Beef Jerky Wizard.
                  www.greenlightjerky.com

Comment

is he actually open to the idea? if he isn't fat and doesn't have health problems, i don't blame him for not being open to a diet at his age.

Comment

Most written info available is very wordy, but there's a piece by a "proud" asshole known as Tucker Max, personally I'm a fan, but I know many that are not.

Has your brother ever heard of "I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell" ? Tucker wrote it, his second book "Assholes Finish First" is out as well, though I have not read that one.

I'm not inferring that your brother is an asshole, but maybe reading about paleo from another beer-drinking ex-college but all around "dude" might spark his interest in another way.

Tucker is actually a very smart and well read person, but that's not how he made his money.

The piece is here: Adult Swim : Celeb-Nerdy with Tucker Max

If your brother can't read that laid back piece then I don't know how he's gone through life this long. Uh, no offense, of course.
                      Last edited by iniQuity; 05-17-2011, 04:49 PM.
                      I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Part of the process of becoming more knowledgable about health is watching friends and family make errors in their own health. You have to choose your battles. There are a ton of vegans out there who are convinced that we're all dying from our meat-based diets. Just as we think much of what they have to say is nonsense, many people think what we have to say is nonsense. And afterall, many, many generations have survived on diets that included pasta and bread. I don't believe it's good for us, but not everyone wants to pursue an ideal diet.

Comment

In case you haven't read this, it's a beginner's guide to primal... highly recommend it even if he only looks at the bold parts and pictures:

A Beginner’s Guide to the Primal Lifestyle, Part Two | 3NL

or are you looking for even more condensed? If so, just reference this:

The Ten Primal Blueprint Laws:
                          1. Eat Lots of Plants and Animals
                          2. Avoid Poisonous Things
                          3. Move Frequently at a Slow Pace
                          4. Lift Heavy Things
                          5. Sprint Once in a While
                          6. Get Adequate Sleep
                          7. Play
                          8. Get Adequate Sunlight
                          9. Avoid Stupid Mistakes
                          10. Use Your Brain

Good luck
                          Jen, former Midwesterner, living in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

I'd say, just become/continue being such an amazing kickass success story that he won't be able to NOT do PB.

Comment

The short answer: You probably can't change him.
                              The long answer
                              Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

Working...
                              X