Natural Calm - Who uses it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Calm - Who uses it?

I've been cheating on Mark's Daily Apple with Robb Wolf and he mentions Natural Calm a lot, I just wanted to see what people over here think about it. These forums are a ton more active and I thought I'd get a better discussion so let me know what you think if you use or have used it!
    My Paleo Project:

www.nutritionator.com

I use it often. I was taking 2 tsp at night but it was irritating my bowels, so I'm sticking to 1 tsp at night. Do you take the flavored kind? I have the raspberry lemonade flavor but I'm getting kind of tired of it, and considering cutting my stevia intake anyway. But I don't know if I'll be able to drink the unflavored one unless I have someone confirm that it doesn't taste chalky or something.
    Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
    Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
    More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
    LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
    Play more!

Comment

First time I tried it was about two hours ago, I did get the raspberry lemonade and I think it's great. My sweet tooth is gone so I'm not too particular on the taste if it's good for me. Going to try it for a week and see what I think, I know a lot of people that could use a better night's sleep and some help lowering stress. Anyone else like/dislike it?
      My Paleo Project:

www.nutritionator.com

Comment

You're cheating yourself if you're just visiting Marksdailyapple.

Anyways 1 tsp for first timers since it might make you poop and gradually move to 2 teaspoon.

Comment

I don't think it's chalky at all. Very tart, though! It's definitely best warm, but I'm usually to lazy to warm it up.
          5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
          Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
          Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
          Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
          ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

Okay, I can do tart! I use warm sink water run through filter on the faucet because I'm too lazy to make it really warm. It seems to do fine!
            Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
            Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
            More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
            LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
            Play more!

Comment

Great point Mike! I got the packets that are 1.5 teaspoons and no adverse effects yet so I should be good, thanks for the heads up. I made it hot and poured cold water in, was pretty good that way but I'll probably just put it in a normal cold glass next time, just easier.
              My Paleo Project:

www.nutritionator.com

Comment

Me. It's the best. I think the main reason why is that you ionize
                it yourself so it's very bio-available.

Mag. is flushed through your body much more so than cal.
                A very important mineral which experts say our US soil is
                depleted in. Another thing experts claim is that all heart
                attack victims have one thing in common, and that's a
                mag. deficiency. Interesting me thinks. Don't take at the
                same time though, so it's claimed.

Comment

Yo! I loves it.
                  "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

I use the Pure Essence brand which is a lot like calm but I like the taste better:

http://www.pureessencelabs.com/IF_Ma...ements-rl.html
                    Jaime, wife to Phaedrus and primal mama to A (4) and X (1).

Comment

I really like the unflavored, warm with a bit of lemon or lime juice. Nice evening beverage. I worked up to 2 tsp over several weeks. Very calming for me.

Comment

Love it
                        "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
                        www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

Comment

First time I've ever used it and it's pretty euphoric, reading some Robb Wolf before bed, feel like I'm going to sleep like a baby. Let you know how it goes in the morning. I'm gonna look into our soil being depleted in mag too, that sounds extremely interesting.
                          My Paleo Project:

www.nutritionator.com

Comment

I love it too! Sleep like a baby with very vivid dreams. Used to wake up around 4am and not able to go back to sleep. Primal+Natural Calm completely took care of that issue.

I like the orange and lemon flavor and I like it cold. I still have a little craving for something sweet after dinner, but a glass of this stuff does the trick for me. Is there a specific reason they recomend it warm or is it just a personal preference kind of thing?

I am thinking of trying the one with added calcium next. Has anyone tried it?
                            My Journal

Comment

Is the Natural Calm that much different from taking Magnesium Citrate capsules? I take 3 capsules (450 mg) in the evening, which I started originally for nightime leg cramps a few months ago, but I'm not so sure it has that much impact on sleep.

Anyone made the switch from capsules to the Natural Calm and noticed anything?
                              My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X