No announcement yet.

Coconut butter - same benefits as oil?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coconut butter - same benefits as oil?

Just wondering if coconut butter has the same benefits as coconut oil.

Artisana's Coconut Butter = Heaven

Oh boy. I just recently purchased coconut butter and have absolutely 100% fell in love with it. It is now my favorite form of coconut but I have to be careful because it is easy to consume too much. I would believe that coconut butter has more benefits than coconut oil. This is because coconut oil is pure fat and has no micronutrients. Coconut butter, on the other hand, is pure coconut meat and thus contains the vitamins and minerals that the whole coconut has. Eat coconut butter as you please and continue to use coconut oil for cooking.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

I'll be ordering the Artisana coconut butter as well... on a side note I already ordered the Cacao Bliss (cocoa+coconut butter). And I also have Nutiva's Coconut Manna - it's just freakishingly delicious.

Comment

I'd love to know as well! I could eat LOADS of coconut butter! I make it myself and it is MUCH cheaper!

Comment

I found coconut butter (I think we call it cocnut cream in the UK, is that the same thing?) to be like crack. It's too good, and I found an excellent brand (Biona) that tastes like white chocolate when refrigerated. I also tried mixing it with pure cacao nibs to make a kind of white chocolate, and that was also pure delight. Unfortunately it stopped me losing weight (I continued losing when I cut it out), so I will have to wait until I've reached my target before I return to its heavenly goodness.

Comment

How do you make it?

Comment

Originally posted by proo View Post
              How do you make it?
              No idea, but apprently it's "the unsweetened dehydrated fresh meat of a mature fruit of coconut ground to a semi-solid white creamy paste." *dribble*

Comment

Yes... I am afraid I will eat way too much to lose weight, so might have to stop buying it for awhile.

Comment

I take unsweetened coconut and put it in the food processor for about 10 min. At the end I add a little coconut oil and keep pureeing until it turns into a nice paste.

Comment

Originally posted by JPA View Post
                    I'll be ordering the Artisana coconut butter as well... on a side note I already ordered the Cacao Bliss (cocoa+coconut butter). And I also have Nutiva's Coconut Manna - it's just freakishingly delicious.
                    I have Cacao Bliss too. I have yet to open it... I am a bit afraid...
                    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Can you buy this online? Do you have to refrigerate after opening?

Comment

I order Artisana online from shoporganic.com (was the best price I found). We love the stuff. Plain, or I mix with a few chopped walnuts, some shred coconut, occasionally a little dark chocolate for snack treat.
                        This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                        Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

The Clothes Make the Girl has a really good blog post on how to make your own and it looks easy. Every recipe of hers I've tried is to die for. Coconut Butter may have to be the next thing.

Homemade Coconut Butter. F Yeah. | theclothesmakethegirl
                          Peace. Love. Steak.

Comment

Originally posted by Ideal Peace View Post
                            Can you buy this online? Do you have to refrigerate after opening?
                            I buy it here when I can catch it on sale, couple weeks ago they had 2 for 1
                            Coconut Cream Concentrate - Tropical Traditions

No need to put in the fridge. When not on sale I make my own, vitamix makes quick work of coco butter. Also when I get the munchies in the evening I eat a couple tablespoons and put the cravings to rest.
                            http://kitoikitchen.blogspot.com/

Comment

This all sounds so delicious. There is no way I wont have this in my kitchen with in a week.
                              my mouth is watering thinking about it.
                              My name is Matt and I am a Beef Jerky Wizard.
                              www.greenlightjerky.com

Comment

Working...
                              X