Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 month of PB. Doing great, except some phlegm :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1 month of PB. Doing great, except some phlegm :)

    I discovered The Primal Blueprint a month ago and I'm doing great. I transitioned seamlessly, and it's doing wonderful things for my health and appearance. My gastrointenstinal issues have seemed to disappear.

    However, soon after I started the PB, I caught a small, harmless cold, or so I thought (my roommate had a cold, so I thought it was the same). I was a little phlegmy, but otherwise fine. I still seem to be coughing up phlegm from this period of time. It's not especially bothersome.

    With all my gastro-intenstinal issues and daily sugar consumption, it wouldn't surprise me if I had candida in the past. Is this a typical symptom of die-off? I have not had other issues described in candida die-off (brain fog, etc.). Again, I transitioned to PB beautifully, with no difficulties. The only issue is the phlegm that has lessened quite a bit, but I still cough up a bit every day.
    Last edited by MichaelH; 05-15-2011, 12:54 PM.

  • #2
    Have you completely removed gluten and dairy? Dairy is known to increase phlegm. Also, this has been a horrible year for allergies and that may be adding to it.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

    People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Balance View Post
      Have you completely removed gluten and dairy? Dairy is known to increase phlegm. Also, this has been a horrible year for allergies and that may be adding to it.
      I still eat some cheese, as well as plenty of cream in my coffee. Not a whole lot of dairy though - I've replaced the milk in my smoothies with coconut milk. So my dairy has decreased from previous levels, so that wouldn't account for this phlegm (unless somehow the lack of grains makes me more sensitive to the phlegm-producing qualities of dairy ).

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MichaelH View Post
        I still eat some cheese, as well as plenty of cream in my coffee. Not a whole lot of dairy though - I've replaced the milk in my smoothies with coconut milk. So my dairy has decreased from previous levels, so that wouldn't account for this phlegm (unless somehow the lack of grains makes me more sensitive to the phlegm-producing qualities of dairy ).
        This could, indeed, be the case.
        Karin

        A joyful heart is good medicine

        He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

        Mmmmm. Real food is good.

        My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

        Comment


        • #5
          If you were having an active problem with gluten before then your immune system will be all kinds of screwy for a while anyways. In the meantime try cutting back on ALL dairy (including the cream and cheeses) and see what that does.
          "You can demonstrate the purpose and limits of human digestion with a simple experiment: eat a steak with some whole corn kernels, and see what comes out the other end. It won’t be the steak."
          -J.Stanton

          Comment


          • #6
            I agree about the dairy. Also are you exercising hard? When i push it exercise wise I get really blocked up, however when i exercise very gently i don't seem to have the same problem.
            My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

            My primal journal on MDA.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Silky View Post
              I agree about the dairy. Also are you exercising hard? When i push it exercise wise I get really blocked up, however when i exercise very gently i don't seem to have the same problem.
              I go to the gym for about 20 min 3 days a week, and I casually bike around town. I don't feel like I push too hard.

              Comment

              Working...
              X