X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Tea = Antinutrients?

Check this out

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1852441/

And there are numerous other sites that say green tea prevents some nutrients to be absorbed.

What do I have to give up next???

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

and

http://eatmoreherbs.com/green_tea/blocksfat.html

http://www.discount-vitamins-herbs.n..._green-tea.htm

Comment

LOL! The more I read, the more I realize that most plants have some anti-nutrients or other. No wonder animals are a safe bet.

Comment

The more I read, the more I want to just freaking IF and be done with food.

Comment

According to some research, the more plants you eat, the higher rate of dental trouble. And dental problems tend to lead to be indicative of overall health. I&#39;m slowly moving towards more animal and less plant, since I am extrememly susceptible to periodontal disease.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
          Current weight: 199
          Goal: 145

Comment

Well, nothing wrong with my teeth. I have always had really good teeth and always thought it was because I drank green tea with every meal.

Now these studies are telling me that all the good fats and proteins I&#39;ve been consuming are not being absorbed because of tea...?

I&#39;m going carnivore.

and there&#39;s this too

http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/0...-issue-004.htm

Comment

I am wary to believe one M.D.&#39;s opinion on flouride uptake of Green Tea.

I&#39;d like to see some significant correlative evidence with the last posted link.

And even with the NIH abstract, it was done with rats and in vitro.

Comment

You know, people have bee drinking green tea for a while and most of them don&#39;t have the issues stated in the article.

Comment

It is true that green tea&#39;s tannins can block protien absorption. Not sure about fat though. So definitely don&#39;t have it with a meal.

Comment

Yeah, definitely not after a meal as I used to do. I always felt great after though. I&#39;ll save the green tea for fasting and in-between meals. I don&#39;t want to completely give it up because it has a lot of good stuff in it.

Comment

Yeah.

You&#39;ll find with everything, except for meat, has some con about it. It&#39;s really honestly just weighing the pro&#39;s and cons.

People have drank coffee, tea, wine, ate fruits, vegetables, etc and have survived, some in great health, others not so much.

It all comes down to just eating mostly meat, exercising a bit but not too much, getting proper rest and then picking and choosing the rest.

Comment

Most people arent sensitive to fluoride so its likely most people could drink green tea without issues. Additionally, if the fluoride taken up by the plant is calcium fluoride rather than the toxic crap from the fertiliser factory scrubbers they add to our water it likely wont cause the same effect anyway since calcium fluoride is remarkably inert. (Nature adding the antidote with the poison again, like fibre with fructose etc)

But yeah, maybe someone could find a drink that reduces the uptake of carbs instead of the fats. That at least would be useful

Comment

I&#39;m sticking with ginger+cloves+(maybe)cinnamon after a meal, it&#39;s wonderful if not better than green!

Anyone have any other great tea recipes?

Comment

Working...
                          X