No announcement yet.

Alcohol Fast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Beaujolais Nouveau. It is intended to be drank immediately, so I am not surprised year old Nouveau doesn't taste so good.

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Comment

Well I, for one, would love to try an alcohol fast.

I think I'll start right now.

*cracks beer*

Comment

I started my alcohol fast in February. I even managed to go to Germany for a month and still not a drop!

I have noticed overall that I am more happy, motivated, and feel more healthy and fit. I felt like alcohol really slowed down my fitness/nutrition goals.

Just how I feel....

Comment

ega, you don't drink any alcohol, ever? what/how much did you used to drink prior to february?

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Comment

No I don't. I don't touch it. I used to drink about a 12pack a week, sometimes more and sometimes less. I never had a problem with it..

I found that I started to base my plans around drinking...I didn't like that. I also didn't like waking up feeling like crap, not to mention the excess calories.

Anyway, I feel like I have been able to enjoy all aspects of life more....almost like I was a kid again

Since I stopped,

Comment

Deutschland? Mit kein Bier?!?!?! DUMBKOPF!! Just kidding. If you weren't in Bavaria you weren't missing anything anyway. I would suspend all fasts in Bayern.

Comment

To clear up. In Germany - Fests - good. Fasts - bad. Continue.

Comment

I visited Munich twice, and was at a base called Hohenfels.

It was very tempting....very...

Maria, my favorite was Corona with a lime.

Comment

Good for you ega2081, I also found alcohol to be a motivational killer, let alone the calories that seemed to go straight to my stomach. I choose not to consume it either.

Comment

I don't want to jinx this but I may be starting to see signs of my abdominal muscles. That would be cool.

my favorite was Corona with a lime.
                      This explains it.

Comment

Funny, I just decided today to go alcohol free for a month. I know that it really hurts my weight loss efforts, and I get a bloaty stomach from it. Plus i can't seem to have just one glass... and I don't like feeling unmotivated the next day.

So... here's the first day of one month alcohol free! I am actually hoping to go longer than that, but trying to start with a month first.

sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

Mine was Rolling Rock on a hot summer day.

Comment

RR wasn't too bad for inexpensive beer. I think it has a similar taste to Molson Canadian which I like for pounding sessions. Not happy that AB bought them out. Hey AB, fuck you.

Comment

I began my alcohol fast on August 21st 2000.

Never looked back......

Comment

Working...
                              X