No announcement yet.

Alcohol Fast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depending on what I do for Thanksgiving I may just continue thru with no alcohol. I am more interested in reaching 2010 in the best shape possible.

Comment

one_eye: I was only on a weeklong fast and I made it. I don't want to permanently eliminate it from my diet as I think that drinking a good doppelbock is like tasting Heaven. I am trying to reduce my casual drinking at home though and I'm doing pretty good. I was home all weekend, bored, with 2 sick kids though so had a couple. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

geoff: You're welcome. You know, you could tell me that apple cider was made from baby harp seals and I would still drink it in season.

chima: Good motivation.

Comment

Regarding this: It looks like I am selling my kegerator for this

YES!

Comment

Is that frame carbon fiber? Not a fan, especially for a heavier guy (by biking standards). The problem with carbon fiber is when it fails, it fails catastrophically.

If you're going to race competively, that's a good set up.

Comment

Hum....considering jumping in on this. I can't drink beer anymore knowing that I now have celiac so I have been drinking wine. Well ye old habit was hiding and I drank a lot of wine and the binged ate, not once but twice this past weekend. This really sucks cause I thought I was doing good. Oh and binging on primal food is still a binge=too much food makes one feel yucky!

I got myself back on track today with my food and exercise but maybe I should quit drinking too. After all Thanksgiving isn't really that far away, right?

Bags

Bags
            Primal Since 10/2009

Comment

Baglady, that's one of the ticks against alcohol. All good reasoning goes out the window and it stimulates appetite. I know I'm better off without it for the time being. Last year at the holidays I took a "just say no" approach to any alcohol when I was at home. That way when I went to holiday parties it wasn't as if I was drinking for the whole month of December.

Comment

one_eye, I'm 200lbs and CF is pretty good now. I'll be fine.

Comment

Geoff - I'll give it a try. I only drink occasionally, but it seems like I'm finding occasions every weekend and many week days these days. Like tonight - wife's out of town, MNF is on. Better have a coupla-three beers. The fall tends to be like that for me for some reason. In fact, in recent weeks I put on about 5 lbs that I lost during the August challenge. My first goal will be to make it to Saturday.

Comment

Well I failed already. Had vodka-soda on Wed and a beer yesterday. My once a week drinking night was supposed to be saved for an event on Saturday night, but well, life happens.

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Comment

Harder to resist if you are going out. I did a double take on a Syrah at the store today but then remembered I had committed to this. I think I should be able to get to Thanksgiving, no problem!

Comment

Me too. Clear on Tues and Wed, but last night I had 3 beers. Got invited to a Timberwolves game tonight, so I'll probably have a few there too. We'll see how next week goes.

Comment

mee threeee.......

I couldn't do it.But I didn't go over board. Now lets see if I can Not go overboard this weekend!

Bags
                          Primal Since 10/2009

Comment

As I said, I haven't stopped entirely but I am controlling my urges and not having the few/night I was. I'm drinking tea and apple cider (I know) to get by. I'd love more recommendations on tea. I've been drinking the Celestial Tension Tamer but can't find any herbal teas with hops. If I could get some recommendations on that and INEXPENSIVE red wine I would appreciate it.

Comment

@glorth2 - Yesterday was the release date for the 2009 Beaujolais Nouveau (traditionally the first wine of the season in the Northern Hemisphere). It's inexpensive, light, fruity, and fun but not a "serious" wine. My wife and I have a tradition going back nearly 20 years of sharing a bottle on the day it's released. My marriage and the shared traditions I have with my wife are more important to me than my artificial two-week alcohol fast (though if I'd been smarter I'd not have set this fast up to coincide with Beaujolais Nouveau). Of course we split a bottle last night, and I don't regret it for a second.

Comment

I am not much of a wine drinker, but Beaujolais Nouveau is gross. I used to work at a really shitty wine shop and people would come in looking for it and I would be like "Well we have last year's." A couple of people were like "You shouldn't even tell people that." Anyway, my friends drank year old Nouveau and they said it tasted like vinegar.

Comment

Working...
                                X