are imported lamb grass-fed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are imported lamb grass-fed?

At my local Safeway supermarket, there is imported lamb (1 LB Lamb Rib Roast Frenched Imported)...is this grass-fed? Aren't sheep grass fed anyway?

It depends. Where is it from? New Zealand Lambs are always 100% grassfed. Australian Lamb are not always 100% grassfed, and I am sure Icelandic Lambs are always 100% grassfed too.

Comment

If it's from New Zealand it's guaranteed grass-fed. IT's LAW there. Australian lamb is inferior crap that you should not touch with a ten foot pole.
      I may be biased, being from New Zealand. But seriously, ours is better.
      I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by Nion View Post
        Australian lamb is inferior crap that you should not touch with a ten foot pole.
        May you please elaborate? What about Free-Range Australian lamb? Is that inferior crap?
        Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

I am in Australia and order all my grass fed beef from a local farmer. I have been told that our lamb is grass fed, and lamb from the supermarket tastes excellent to me.

Comment

Originally posted by sigzephyr View Post
            I am in Australia and order all my grass fed beef from a local farmer. I have been told that our lamb is grass fed, and lamb from the supermarket tastes excellent to me.
            This is what I like to hear! And what I believed... I think my lamb was grass-fed.
            Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
            X