Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many days have you gone without eating?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many days have you gone without eating?

Well, the topic speaks for itself, how long have you fasted at most and what was the effect of the fast?
    A little love and affection in everything you do

3 days, effects were weight loss. Didn't really have any other effects or problems. My body seems to do well with fasting.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

6. By the end I had nosebleeds, blinding migraines and total lack of coherent thought.

I was also in college, broke, and cramming for 4 finals, plus working 80 hours that week. I didn't eat because I didn't have time or interest. That's what stress will do to ya.

Currently I've gone 2 days IF and started having headaches so stopped.
      See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

Comment

48 hours. Just drank black tea or water. May have lost a bit of weight but it didn't stay off.
        However, it did give me a sense of being in control of myself, like knowing I'm not going to die if I can't eat for a few days.
        I remember feeling quiet uplifted on the second day.
        Fasted from 9pm Friday to 9pm Sunday. Decided to eat as didn't want to go to work on Monday fasting.
        I would like to do a longer fast one day. Maybe take it to four days. It's meant to be healing.

Comment

Cool, Ive only done 24 hours but Im thinking about going for 48 on this one, 16 hours in and no hunger yet
          A little love and affection in everything you do

Comment

When I was in college (many years ago) I would fast occasionally for a week or more. I think the longest I went was 10 days and I broke it with a burger and fries. My GI track was not happy! Always break a longer fast slowly and with lower fat as richer foods made me so sick after such a long fast. I must admit that I loved the control I felt and had no ill effects along the way - lost a lot of weight, but we all know that it comes back when you go back to eating junk!

Comment

Working...
            X