How do you take your 20%?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you take your 20%?

Do you prefer to take your 20% more spread out, or in sparse big chunks? I'm in college so my 20% ends up being pretty much an even split, but later on I will probably be keeping it to big junks.

HBY?

Today, it was four big slices of pizza for lunch. That'll be my 20% for the week.

Comment

Little chunks! I have a treat or something every day usually.
      I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

This is different for everyone. Don’t mean to call out Bluepelican but I couldn’t put down 4 slices (even in my past life! Lol) but especially now I can’t eat that much flour it just seems pointless to me. I won’t deny that pizzas are yummy, just saying I have a mental block towards such things now.

I’d say my 20% is not worrying about everything all the time and going with the flow but I do strive to keep it primal as often as possible and it’s usually doable, but I’ll have some ice cream or whatever every now and again.
        I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

I do a cheat meal every other week. 3 weeks ago it was chinese, last week it was my an italian dinner made by my boss. Next week will probably be something to do with my brother's graduation. I stay 95% primal on the other days (I live at college year-round), except for diet sodas a few times a week and eating deli meat like roast beef and turkey.

Comment

The 20% happens at social events, or a glass of wine or occasional gin + soda, anything else is already a part of my version of PB. If I have a dessert at home, it'll be mango and coconut milk, or something. It's not 20%, it's just part of the foods I eat.
            If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Mine varies, I also view the 20% more about just living life and going with the flow. I love some dark chocolate and wine most evenings, but I can easily go to a pub with friends and kill my 20% in one evening.
              “To insure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.” - William Londen

Comment

I'm super regimented with my diet during the week. Weekends are a different story. Fridays and Saturdays usually consist of vodka and diet soda and usually followed by a few slices of late night pizza or some other late night munchies. That's my 20%. Back on the wagon on Sunday. Hasn't hampered my weight loss or fitness one bit.

Comment

Beer at weekend.
                  sigpic

Comment

I know personally that if I focus on the exceptions, I will lean that way more and more and 20% will become 30% and so on. So my 20% is going toward things like having a slice of cake at a wedding or other infrequent event, or a slice of pizza if we get it delivered to work every couple of months. I try not to think about the 20% because in the past I've tended to make it into an excuse. I suck.

Comment

in a wine glass, dry and red.

Comment

I really don't do the 80/20 thing. I'm pretty much 100% unless you count milk in my coffee and yogurt and custard made with ½ & ½.

I don't like dark chocolate or wine anyway, so that's easy. As for social situations, if there's no real food I don't eat, period. If that hurts feelilngs or pisses anyone off, TFB. Since I rarely go out it isn't much of a problem in my World, I sympathize with those in different situations.

Comment

My 20% is for the food I buy and eat that is pretty good, but not perfect. The curry paste I used for the chicken & veg curry I made for lunch today had sugar in the list of ingredients. I bought some pork liver pate last week, and it had some questionable things in it (but it was really nice with some scrambled eggs for breakfast!). I eat out about once a week, so I'm sure there are vegetable oils used or sugar in salad dressings. I also eat a little dairy, and figure that's part of the 20% too. I've had one bad day of eating in the six weeks since I started following PB, so I really think I'm more in a 90/10 mindset and I plan to stay that way.
                          My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

Comment

Hmm.. I've tried to stay pretty true to the plan, but I do like my coffee and a little bit of dark chocolate. Where I tend to think 20% (in all reality it's probably less than 5%) is on condiments - like the BBQ sauce DH put on the ribs that were so yummy, or the fact that there's soy sauce in my stir fry. I might steal a sip of his soda or have a piece of gum. Stuff like that.
                            Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
                            Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
                            CW: 146.8 lbs
                            GW 140 lbs
                            A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

I consider coffee and planned amounts of dark chocolate to be part of my plan. My 20 % would be things like floury cake or other desserts at special occasions ( but only home made, because why eat something that sucks?) and the occasional margarita or all natural chips (potato or corn). I bake for a lot of people, and I have kept doing it since going primal ish because I know what I'm making is better in every way than what they would be buying at Costco. I'd say about 1/2 of my 20% is that I still love handcrafted drinks at Starbucks ( and since I'm both casein allergic and lactose intolerant, they have to be soy).
                              I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
                              Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
                              "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Comment

Working...
                              X