Electrolytes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrolytes

Any ideas on how to replace electrolytes without resorting to sugary sports drinks? Is diluting gatorade with water 50/50 the best way? Trying to avoid sugars at all costs but when I workout, especially outside, I sweat ALOT!! Any feedback is mucho appreciated. =))

coconut water.... I always drink at least a can after a night of drinking. helps a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by terrax View Post
      coconut water.... I always drink at least a can after a night of drinking. helps a lot.
      terrax- i have looked into those and the only ones i find are loaded with sugar BUT the only ingredient is COCONUT! Can you explain? Ad thanks for the quick response too. =)

Comment

For me I do this- get some coconut water, I use Naked 100% 1 liter for the potassium and add 2tspns of MOM's Original for the magnesium. I get plenty of sodium from my diet so this works pretty well for me without adding a shit ton of sugar.
        Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Comment

Originally posted by ELCO14 View Post
          For me I do this- get some coconut water, I use Naked 100% 1 liter for the potassium and add 2tspns of MOM's Original for the magnesium. I get plenty of sodium from my diet so this works pretty well for me without adding a shit ton of sugar.
          interesting. is it even possible to get electrolytes without sugar???

Comment

I forget which brand I use, but one whole giant can has only 25 carbs. No sweeteners added. They sell it at WholeFoods.

Comment

Coconut water

Health Benefits of Coconut Water - Drinking Coconut Water Benefits

The most popular drink by far in the crossfit gym. These guys on here have much more info than this article but you get the idea, lots of electrolytes and natural.

Comment

Originally posted by GUN5LING3R View Post

yeah I think it's hard to get electrolytes without some sugar/carbs

Comment

Sure the basis is made up of sodium, potassium and magnesium. Use Naked 100% coconut water with no added sugars and MOM's to get the magnesium. Done and good.
                  Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Comment

the reason i am so concerned is as a firefighter in south florida, we train alot in full bunker gear in the summer time. it doesnt take long, even with drinking a ton of water all of the time, to CRASH HARD! This is my only dilemma i have had with the primal lifestyle. i really need to figure out a way to stay hydrated. i am thinking i might just have to take the sugar and hopefully because i am expending so much energy it won't do too much damage?? i don't know. did i mention that i sweat like a beast!!!??

Comment

Sure the basis is made up of sodium, potassium and magnesium. Use Naked 100% coconut water with no added sugars and MOM's to get the magnesium. Done and good.
                      alright elco, i am going to try this brother. it makes sense to me. thanks again.

Comment

the reason i am so concerned is as a firefighter in south florida, we train alot in full bunker gear in the summer time. it doesnt take long, even with drinking a ton of water all of the time, to CRASH HARD! This is my only dilemma i have had with the primal lifestyle. i really need to figure out a way to stay hydrated. i am thinking i might just have to take the sugar and hopefully because i am expending so much energy it won't do too much damage?? i don't know. did i mention that i sweat like a beast!!!??
                        So have you checked the 100% naked with no added sugar and MOM's is Milk of Magnesia with no sugar. You can hydrate without sugar.

Comment

So have you checked the 100% naked with no added sugar and MOM's is Milk of Magnesia with no sugar. You can hydrate without sugar.
                          yep, gotcha. sounds like a plan. i am going to get the stuff tomorrow and i will let you know. thanks again bro.

Comment

One of the sports drinks has a ZERO, which has no sugar, but is artificially sweetened.

I don't like to have either one, and I have a problem maintaining electrolyte balance (my doctor recommended Pedialyte which has minimal sugar), so I've made my own. I add some lemon juice to a bottle of water for flavor. I add table salt, and I also buy NO SALT, which is pure potassium, and I add some of that. It seems to work for me.

Comment

yep, gotcha. sounds like a plan. i am going to get the stuff tomorrow and i will let you know. thanks again bro.
                              Awesome man- if you don't like it remember my name is ECLO haha! It works!

Comment

Working...
                              X