PB for the win!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PB for the win!

Here at my office, for the past two months, a couple of people proposed a Biggest Loser contest with the goal of everyone getting more healthy. So I entered.

They, of course, pushed the low fat, high grain propaganda while I continued with Primal.

What I noticed most was that none of them really changed their lifestyle and eating habits. When office parties came up, they all brought in cookies, cakes, donuts and bagels.

It should therefore be no surprise that I am the winner of the contest, with a net loss of 7 lbs over the last two months. I was hoping for more, but I hit a mild plateau. Go figure.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

That's an awesome motivation. I should try that within my family. I'm trying to get everybody to go primal (or at least, semi-primal) but they don't get it yet. If it becomes a competition, it could be great motivation when they see who wins.

Comment

I've had several people come to me and ask me what it is that I am doing, which is a great opener to explain the whole idea behind Primal.

Comment

Congrats, Katt!

No better way to "teach" someone than to show them by example

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Comment

Excellent way to get the change started in others! Kudos!

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

Excellente!

Comment

Yay!

Comment

I hope that the people I talk with will try it and follow through. I've been pointing people to Mark's Definitive Guides.

Comment

That's awesome! Do you have any converts yet?

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Awesome Katt!

Comment

@FNW: I don't know. I know I've printed out bits and pieces of things to hand people. I haven't had anyone come back to me yet and say for sure, but there are a few people reading information now.

Comment

That's good! Usually if I'm sending links, I'll point people to the guide to primal eating AND the insulin article.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Yep. That and the grains, cholesterol and fat articles.

Comment

Working...
                          X