How much water do you drink?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much water do you drink?

Just curious... I have been drinking about 6 cups and I have been getting cramps in my feet and calves... so think I need to drink more.

CW says 8 cups a day... how does that translate to a primal way of eating?

Plus... I am someone who doesn't have a very good thirst mechanism... I am hardly ever thirsty!

1-2 quarts daily; more in the summer.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

About 4 large glasses a day, plus I eat a lot of watery veggies like celery and cucumber, and if I have steak I eat it mostly blue-rare (not much moisture lost to cooking).
      You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

I try to make sure and chug down 8 cups of water (a bit of lemon juice in it...)..each day.... i have to sort of force myself...it's not enjoyable....and i'm never thirsty...and people who follow a healthy diet eat very moisture rich foods in comparison to those that eat commercial crap food.

Try to never have liquids WITH meals, only several minutes before or after...this helps with digestion since diluting the stomach acids can inhibit proper digestion. I recall reading once, in ancient Chinese medicine, that TOO much water is NOT good for us...as it taxes our kidneys.. I don't believe that it is natural nor healthy to be peeing all the time....yes, peeing several times per day, but peeing when the urine is as clear as the water just doesn't seem necessary. Just my opinion.... but who can argue with Chinese medicine?...

all that being said, it is still important to drink good, filtered water... the lemon juice helps our bodies alkalinity..AND, makes the water taste good.... :-)that so many ounces per body weight formula.. ( I forget exactly what it is..)...seems a bit high...especially for people who eat lots of raw produce each day.....on a workout day?.. of course, a bit more...

Comment

I haven't had water with my meals for years and years... like you, before or after. Also, I have noticed that I urinate much less often now than when I was eating the SAD diet (a healthy SAD). I used to drink water with lemon more often. I love it that way!

Forcing yourself to have to drink 8 glasses of water doesn't seem very natural... maybe you don't need that much?

Comment

1-2 L per day. I don't have to force it. That's just what I naturally drink. I always have a glass of water on my desk at work. I just sip throughout the day.

Comment

yes healthy11, I agree with you.... forcing doesn't seem right either...BUT, it does seem to me that if I don't...i sometimes am not as' regular' each day...so I completely understand it is somewhat necessary .. my body lets me know. I am NEVER thirsty...but I do make myself drink a bit...I also have 2 cups of coffee each morning..so I understand that has a dehydrating effect..... sipping it throughout the day is more natural and healthy than forcing a big glass at one time as well..... :-)

Comment

I have a cup of tea at hand all day long, so quickly adds up; I don't force, in fact I have to make myself quit by 7p in order not to be up in the night.
                This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

I suspect it's not enough... I think I'm up to two glasses today :-/

Comment

A lot, I think. I don't count, but when ever I get up to walk around I have some. I drinka fair amount of coffee and tea too and that makes me thirsty.
                    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
                    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
                    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Comment

I drink about 3 liters of water every day... water w/ lemon, mineral water, iced or hot tea. Water is my go-to beverage.

Comment

Every since going primal, I've hated the taste of bottled water (and now drink less water than I use to)- we don't have a filter here, so maybe that's the problem. BUT! I drink anywhere from 4-8 cups of tea, and two cups of coffee a day. Only time I neeeeed water, is after I've been outside in the sun walking around.

Maybe it's time to invest in a filter. Or stalk someone that has filtered water, so I can try it first.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
                        Congenital Hypothyroid
                        CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

I drink about 8 cups of filtered water a day. I filter it through coffee beans so it might not be optimal.

Comment

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                            I drink about 8 cups of filtered water a day. I filter it through coffee beans so it might not be optimal.
                            Canio...you, my friend, are the epitamy of Primal!!!
                            If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
                            James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by healthy11 View Post
                              Just curious... I have been drinking about 6 cups and I have been getting cramps in my feet and calves... so think I need to drink more.

CW says 8 cups a day... how does that translate to a primal way of eating?

Plus... I am someone who doesn't have a very good thirst mechanism... I am hardly ever thirsty!
                              If you're eating plenty of veggies, I don't know that the CW standard is appropriate. The cramps may be coming from you flushing
                              out electrolytes or some other mineral.

I know when I train and sweat excessively, and subsequently drink a lot more (filtered) water, I tend to get muscle cramps and charlie horses which are relieved by adding some potassium & sea salt. I drink on average 2 liters of water a day, maybe 3 on days with heavy martial arts training.
                              "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

Comment

Working...
                              X