If you had to eat a taco...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had to eat a taco...

Which tortilla would be best? Flour, Whole Wheat, or Corn? And then... one of those soft tortillas, or a crunchy corn tortilla?

We have this badass taco place that my friends like to go to and I just want to know which would be best if I decide to eat a couple.
    -dennis

I use lettuce leaves instead of tortilla...
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Comment

Thanks, but I'm not looking for an alternative this time.
      I know it's not perfect, I'm just looking for the lesser of several evils if I'm going to splurge once in a blue.
      -dennis

Comment

Corn would be better (because it doesn't have gluten) unless you know you have a bad reaction to corn (allergy, intolerance, etc). Soft vs crunchy... hmmm, I think crunchy ones are fried, in which case it's probably in canola or soy oil, so I'd go with soft.
        "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

Flour because they taste the best. If you prefer corn eat those. It is a splurge. Fuck the lesser evil.

Comment

In my opinion, any taco shell is just a bland conduit to get the filling (the good stuff) into your mouth. I always just order soft tacos and eat the filling out with a fork. Your friends might look at you weird at first, but not when they start seeing the results.

Comment

IMO, if your going to splurge, crunchy corn are the best tasting in a taco.

Comment

If at home or cooking with friends, fry the CORN tortillas in coconut oil till crisp then eat. definitely corn though for the whole gluten thing. WW is NEVER an option for me anymore. When I eat wheat baaaaaad things happen to the tummy.

Comment

haha, thanks!
                  Yes it's a splurge, but honestly I love them all! Not bland to me... LOVE LOVE LOVE! haha Especially here in Houston.
                  I could eat home-made flour tortillas all day long just by themselves. The more buttery the better.
                  So, it sounds like soft corn would be the best then, from replies so far.
                  -dennis

Comment

I used to go to the taco vendors---Mexican restaurants, Taco Bell, Taco Mayo, etc.---and get a taco or taco salad without the wheat and especially without the corn (fungus issues in just about all corn).

Recently I learned that they don't use meat.

Big bags of Taco Meat Substitute are delivered to those places. So now I only eat my own make ground meat "tacos".
                    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

corn tortilla...crunch (it's a texture thing!)
                      Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Originally posted by periquin View Post
                        I used to go to the taco vendors---Mexican restaurants, Taco Bell, Taco Mayo, etc.---and get a taco or taco salad without the wheat and especially without the corn (fungus issues in just about all corn).

Recently I learned that they don't use meat.

Big bags of Taco Meat Substitute are delivered to those places. So now I only eat my own make ground meat "tacos".
                        Ewwwww... yuck! I'm talking about the genuine thing here. Not some nasty McDonald's version of mexican food. LOL!
                        -dennis

Comment

Definitely the corn--hard or soft!
                          Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                          Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                          Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

I'm going with corn.

Comment

You have provided your own answer:
                              Originally posted by d2mini View Post
                              Yes it's a splurge
                              I could eat home-made flour tortillas all day long just by themselves. The more buttery the better.
                              Corn is better in this scenario and I myself, prefer corn tortillas.
                              My name is Matt and I am a Beef Jerky Wizard.
                              www.greenlightjerky.com

Comment

Working...
                              X