Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Co-Worker Idiocy Of The Day (Quite RUDE Also!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co-Worker Idiocy Of The Day (Quite RUDE Also!)

Co-worker: "Bacon is very big today since America is so fat."

Me: "I eat bacon every morning and I'm not fat."

Co-worker: "Not yet..."

Talk about rude... especiallys seeing as I ATE bacon to loose weight (almost 80 lbs lost now!)

She topped it off when she took a donut a few second later and said, "this one has pecans and raspberries so that's fruit and protien. That's good..."
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

We tend to call all bipedals hominids humans. We need to correct that, Humans are required to be sapient she isnt
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Yikes... yeah it's really hard to talk to people sometiems. Although after having CW thrown in their faces on a daily basis year after year...it's not hard to see that happening. Shew!

Comment

You are nicer than me, they would have gotten quite an earful.
        Lifting Journal

Comment

We gotta get you out of Ohio, Prince. Let's plot your escape.
          "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Don't worry everyone... some of those donuts are whole wheat so it's a'okay!

Lolz, I just ignore it. They're attorneys and they naturally think they know everything on earth because of their profession... ::roll's eyes::

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Comment

I don't blame people for having some misconceptions about fat (my friend thought it was weird that I was making a deliberate lifestyle change that involved much more bacon), but that comment was rude as hell.

As the ONLY non-fat guy in my former office (most people were obese), I was constantly told "you can eat anything and not get fat." In reality, I was an overweight teenager that last weight and had to learn how to maintain a good weight. For me, that meant eating more frequently in the day. To them, this was evidence that I'm constantly shoveling whatever I want into my mouth.

Comment

Ewwwww, whole wheat donuts?? If you're gonna eat a donut, just eat a frickin' donut, in all its glorious disgusting sugar-wheat-frankenfat goodness.

Comment

I would of commented that the donut won't make you fat and then taken a long look at her. I mean come on, even in CW, a donut is a huge fat builder. Also, most have hydrogenated fat and that stuff even bacteria can't live on. So basically, it's like eating vaseline.
                  My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread70684.html

Comment

My favorite co-worker ever was the guy who had just graduated from high school, loved regaling all of us with stories about his workout at the gym that day, tried gaming the girls, loudly debated whether he should get an ice cream sundae from McDonald's even though he wanted six-pack abs, told other guys that they should do p90x because it would get rid of their 'belly pooch,' freaked out about some animal fat in a pork dumpling, and called everyone 'fatties' whenever they ate (except for me, the only actual overweight person, well except for one of the guys but that doesn't count 'cause he's a guy).

Oh and he also spent like an hour in the bathroom after lunch every day. Was suffering from acid reflux at the ripe old age of 18.

He also hated Lady GaGa with a passion. Methinks repressed gayness.

Comment

ha ha that's what they taste like too! Greasy with transfats and gross. I remember the last time (decades ago) that i ate a country fried steak basket from Dairy Queen. OMG i thought i was shriveling up from dehydration due to all the salt & my mouth had a terrible greasy taste that was only comparable to the time my hand lotion exploded in my backpack on my diet coke can (i was an addict in college). DISGUSTING!

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
                        Amen to that!!

I gotta say...I feel your pain. Trying to broach the subject here at work gets me-

What are carbohydrates again?
                        I don't even know what foods have protein in them.
                        I'm diabetic medicine so I don't have to worry about what I eat (said while shoveling a BOX of poptarts into her mouth).

*headdesk.

I've since essentially given up.
                        Chief cook & bottle washer for one kid, a dog, 6 hens, 2 surprise! roosters, two horses, and a random 'herd' of quail.

~The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something one knows nothing about and refuses to investigate~

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
                          I was thinking Ireland...

Comment

Most of my friends are actually at least willing to read up about it. Being in the modelling industry, most people are up to trend on what works and what doesn't. Although i had a vegetarian friend ask me 'what i was using' to lose weight so fast. Awwwwwwkward.
                            I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by Eklecktika View Post
                              Amen to that!!

I gotta say...I feel your pain. Trying to broach the subject here at work gets me-

What are carbohydrates again?
                              I don't even know what foods have protein in them.
                              I'm diabetic medicine so I don't have to worry about what I eat (said while shoveling a BOX of poptarts into her mouth).

*headdesk.

I've since essentially given up.
                              Ugh.

My daughter is 14 and is being taught the food pyramid for her GCSE biology course. She gets pretty annoyed that she now has two sets of info to learn- the truth, and the crap her biology teacher is telling her!
                              Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
                              Harold Whitman

Comment

Working...
                              X