Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Treatment of Blackheads (I know, I hate the word too)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

klcarbaugh-

I'm not sure, but it really works if you tweak the ratio to fit your skin type, too much castor oil and it can be a bit drying. Here's the site, they're not selling anything, just an overview: theoilcleansingmethod.com

Comment

I have to say the castor oil thing didn't work for me overall - skin was still gungy/mucky. BUT it was much better than harsh products - previously I was using Clinique's "problem skin" range and my god it was awful, I wound up allergic to it.

I now use Aveda and it's pretty good.

But I have underlying issues causing bad skin so.....

Comment

Is it necessary to use castor oil with the cleansing method? I tried using straight-up coconut oil, but started breaking out after a few weeks. I thought it was correlated to more red meat (hormones?) in my diet, but then I read an article that CO for skin isn't always the best option since the pH isn't right and messes with the oil glands. (Although my skin was much softer!) I've swapped it for EVOO, but I don't mix it with anything..I have an oily/combination skin type..

On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

My understanding of the whole oil cleansing thing was that the castor oil acts astringent, antiinflammatory, antibacterial and the oil creates a thin film left on the skin after washing that acts as a protective barrier, mimicking sebum, that the skin slowly absorbs. I guess coconut oil might have just been too thick and waxy? If you try again maybe go with something thinner and more like sebum like almond, macadamia, sesame, sunflower...

All I know is this works really well for me, I've only been doing it like, a month or two, but my face never gets shiny midday or dry in the heat.. just balanced.

Comment

I've used the blackhead remover strips, made by Biore I think. I have tried 2 different ones and they both worked for me. You wet them, apply to a clean face, then when they dry, you remove them. They pull the blackhead out. Like I said, they worked for me. Both on my nose and chin....

Comment

I've used these before but apparently they only effect roughly a quarter of the blackhead, leaving the other 3/4 in tact and ready to replenish what you removed. They also are quite irritating.

Comment

Working...
              X