What do you miss on PB ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you miss on PB ?

Please don't get me wrong, I love PB and it has revolutionised my health in a way that at my age ( early 60's) I would never in my wildest dreams have thought possible.

Still - I do miss some eating pleasures from my PB days. I loved bread for instance - where I live we have a huge variety of all kinds of "real" breads, almost a meal in themselves in their complexity. And then fresh hot toast - what a smell, running with melted butter ( at least that was Ok ! ), ready for a dose of one of my favourite marmalades ( not too Ok ). And don't get me started on garlic bread - that pungent aroma tickling the taste buds into life ready for a bowl of pasta al la vongole ( Oops ! ).

Anyone else miss favourites on PB ?

There are times when I miss biting into a good burger, bun and all.

Comment

Nachos and salsa... mmmmm nachos.

Comment

sprinkle donuts from Krispy Kreme. Of course, sometimes I still have one...or a half dozen
        Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Oddly not much.
          If you want french toast, try making the banana fritters. Little butter and fruit. yummy
          Julia
          Starting Weight 235 - Dec 1, 2010
          Started Primal Mid January 2011
          Current Weight 183
          Goal 160

Get Outside Already!

http://moderndayfitandfood.wordpress.com/
          http://moderndaydesigns.wordpress.com/

Comment

Mounds of mashed potatoes and homemade pools of gravy. We are talking gallon of potatoes eaten until gone, nothing else.

Comment

I miss the migraines I used to have daily.
              Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Comment

Up until now I was getting over it all; bread just kinda dries my mouth, cereal tastes like cardboard(I'm looking at you, Special K), and I can deal with the smell of pasta without drooling xD... But you just HAD to remind me of garlic bread though didn't you? Oh... the fluffy garlicness... D'=
                Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

Originally posted by jkc View Post
                  i miss the migraines i used to have daily.

lol

Comment

Homemade yeast rolls, homemade English muffins, homemade flour tortillas toasted on the gas stove burner and schmeared with strawberry preserves and butter (my MIL makes the best tortilla I've ever had), homemade (garlic) naan, homemade garlic knots, and poor man's rice pudding. I still haven't found an acceptable substitute for the rice on the rice pudding (cauli doesn't play well there), and I occasionally indulge in the rest. Since I have to make anything I miss (except the tortillas), it's easier to avoid it.
                    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

not very much. i really love the food i'm eating. but, on occasion, i want a sandwich, pizza or cookies. it's rare enough though where i feel fine if i indulge then get back on track.
                      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

I miss the stomach churning, gas pains that no medicine could stop, and horrible smells that a lady shouldn't make.

Seriously, I can't look at a piece of bread with any fondness - and I was a major(!) bread freak.

Comment

most of the things i miss are things that are still technically ok to eat, just not every day or as the basis of your meals, which even CW people would agree with I think. (rice with a variety of curries and pickles, ice cream, mangoes, chocolate, and more recently, yogurt).
                          Last edited by spakesneaker; 05-04-2011, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by profdjj View Post
                            I miss the stomach churning, gas pains that no medicine could stop, and horrible smells that a lady shouldn't make.

Seriously, I can't look at a piece of bread with any fondness .
                            I so agree with this! I just associate bread with pain and discomfort now and certainly not with any nostalgia

Comment

Homemade waffles, tortilla chips, warm crusty bread with soups and stews, cornbread, grits (esp, cheesy grits), grilled cheese and BLT sandwiches, homemade mac and cheese (which was one of my easy go-to dishes when I didn't feel like cooking anything else).

Comment

Working...
                              X