No announcement yet.

What do you miss on PB ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not entirely primal (I have quite frequently some chocolate - black or not, ocasional glass of red wine and very often cheese/yogurt) so I don't really miss sweet things. I did love apple filed pastries and sometimes I want to have one. But probably the most I miss pasta/noodles as a side dish to veggie meat combo. :d I now replace them with mushrooms, more cooked veggies or a salad but the taste is just not the same.
    I might eat them from time to time though :d. During holidays I like to taste the food of the country I'm in and you can't just go to Italy or Spain without having at least once pasta, pizza or paellas (though the antipasti and sea food are even better) as well as you cannot go to Asian countries without trying out stirfried meat with rice/noodles. Well, you can of course, but I see it as conscious risk taking, haha!

Comment

Cookies! I have a been a cookie monster my whole life. Chocolate chips, ginger snaps....... But in the end it just isn't worth it. Don't like the bloaty feeling and dragass that comes along woith it.

I also identify with the loss of, or at least the diminished, headaches.

Comment

Originally posted by profdjj View Post
        I miss the stomach churning, gas pains that no medicine could stop, and horrible smells that a lady shouldn't make.

Seriously, I can't look at a piece of bread with any fondness - and I was a major(!) bread freak.
        I went out to sushi last night and forgot to bring along some tamari. I figured, what the heck, it's just a little bit of soy sauce. By the time I got home, my hands had swelled to the point I had to struggle to get my ring off and I was repeating like a gatling gun. I definitely don't miss farting. It's something that rarely happens these days.

And what I do miss: maki for one. I had awesome sashimi. Just as good as having nigiri, but some of the rolls my companions had looked so good. Rice is much harder for me than wheat. Basmati is one of my favorite smells. I'm Spanish and loooove paella.

Comment

Pizza. :,(

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
            Convenience.
            Yes, this. My family doesn't eat primal (for the most part) so when we can't make a primal main dish everyone will eat due to time constraints, I miss the convenience of boxed foods.

Comment

I can tell you what I don't miss:

Buying fat girl clothes.
              Squeezing into airplane seats.
              Feeling guilty when I ate in front of others, even if it was "healthy".
              Lethargy and brain fog.
              Tummy bloating.
              Being told I'm "weak willed" (45 year old's don't earn black belts if they're "weak willed")
              Not being looked at by hot, hunky men.
              Being ashamed to be naked in front of a man.

There's no bread, cake, cookie, candy, pizza or beer that will ever be good enough to make me go back to those feelings.
              "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

Comment

Yesterday I nearly broke down and got an order of McDonald's fries. I managed to resist, somehow; it was the first really storng craving I've had since going Primal 5 months ago. I'm feeling much better now, though.

Comment

I miss eating Cheetos and mimicking E.T.'s phone home scene with my unnaturally bright orange finger...
                  Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Comment

Originally posted by ELCO14 View Post
                    I miss eating Cheetos and mimicking E.T.'s phone home scene with my unnaturally bright orange finger...
                    Ooooo the crunchy or the puffed ones? I like the crunchy ones and waited until I ate the whole small bag to suck the orange cheesey stuff off of my finger.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynna View Post
                      Ooooo the crunchy or the puffed ones? I like the crunchy ones and waited until I ate the whole small bag to suck the orange cheesey stuff off of my finger.
                      See, I was a Flamin Hot with Limon Crunchy cheetos chica. Add in a few dashes of Cholula sauce and I was in hog heaven.
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

Crunchy!
                        Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Comment

Binge+purging... oh wait
                          Really, I can't think of much. I used to have cravings and thinking "oooh, I could SO bite into XXX" - but I don't - only if I'm hungry, but when I'm not, it's not a problem at all.

Comment

Crunchy!
                            Yes....*fist pump*

Comment

I miss being hungry all the time. NOT!!! I hardly ever feel hungry eating primal foods. I was always hungry before. I even forget to eat sometimes on weekends until hours after normal meal time. Never had that problem before in life. I AM LOVIN' IT

Comment

Crunchy!
                                Answer to that is fried pork rinds or skin. yummmmmmm I get those once a month or so and am set for a few weeks till the "CRUNCHY" bug hits again.

Comment

Working...
                                X