Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best store bought protein bars I have found.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best store bought protein bars I have found.

As the title says these are store bought protein bars but they are the best ones I have found. I don't eat them often but if I am going to be on the run I will grab one. I buy the vanilla almond ones. They also have peanut butter ones but we aren't supposed to eat peanuts. For people who don't care and eat peanuts I hear they are very good. Here is the link with free shipping promo code if anyone is interested.

FYI yes I know I can make my own etc etc etc

http://www.questproteinbar.com/index-ship-free.html
    "Live Free or Die"

this is funny timing, I just decided recently that they are the best bars I can buy. bought 10 of them last week.

Comment

Hmm small world. Here is a link for two free bars if anyone wants to try them. Quest low carb protein bar
      "Live Free or Die"

Comment

Thanks; I just sent for my two free bars.

Comment

Thanks just put in for them as well.
          Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Comment

How long did it take you all to get an email to confirm? It's been awhile for me and I still haven't gotten one.

Comment

I have been buying them for quite a while now through netrition.com. I take half of one cut into small pieces in a snack bag to keep in my purse or desk drawer.It is great also to find something that won't melt.Someone posted about nuking them a few seconds. I tried it once and it was very good that way.

Comment

Did you check your junk folder Lynna- it landed there on mine.
                Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Comment

Originally posted by ELCO14 View Post
                  Did you check your junk folder Lynna- it landed there on mine.
                  I did and over an hour later still hasn't shown up. Oh, well.....

On edit. They must not have liked my aol address. I filled the forms again with my gmail addy and it worked.
                  Last edited by Lynna; 05-04-2011, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wildwoman View Post
                    I have been buying them for quite a while now through netrition.com. I take half of one cut into small pieces in a snack bag to keep in my purse or desk drawer.It is great also to find something that won't melt.Someone posted about nuking them a few seconds. I tried it once and it was very good that way.

Yea I nuke them for a few seconds once in a while and it is good.
                    "Live Free or Die"

Comment

Great link! I've been struggling with lunch and have considered simply taking a protein bar and a piece of fruit but all of the bars I've looked at have CRAP for their ingredients. I've ordered the sample pack of these and I hope I like them!

Comment

Quest bar contains sucralose (Splenda).
                        "You can have it all, but how much do you want it?"

Comment

Originally posted by Supersonic View Post
                          Quest bar contains sucralose (Splenda).
                          Yeah, I was all excited until I saw that. I'll pass on the Franken Food, thanks!
                          -Krystal

Comment

ingredients: Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate), Chicory Root Fiber, Almond Butter, Dry Roasted Almonds, Raw Almonds, Water, Natural Flavors, Sea Salt, Lo Han Guo, Sucralose.

Last ingredient, BARELY ANY sucralose. It's not going to have ANY ill effects. I know real food is better but these are a damn good option for when you have to grab something when gone all day/need extra food. Any then someone is going to say the omega six from the nuts is bad but honestly that's not that bad at all either. if you don't eat them everyday these are a great backup food to have with a lot of protein, low carb, and a ton better than other bars. (but keep in mind they are $2 each and you could get *at least* 1/2 dozen eggs for that much!)

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMayhem View Post
                              ingredients: Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate), Chicory Root Fiber, Almond Butter, Dry Roasted Almonds, Raw Almonds, Water, Natural Flavors, Sea Salt, Lo Han Guo, Sucralose.

Last ingredient, BARELY ANY sucralose. It's not going to have ANY ill effects. I know real food is better but these are a damn good option for when you have to grab something when gone all day/need extra food. Any then someone is going to say the omega six from the nuts is bad but honestly that's not that bad at all either. if you don't eat them everyday these are a great backup food to have with a lot of protein, low carb, and a ton better than other bars. (but keep in mind they are $2 each and you could get *at least* 1/2 dozen eggs for that much!)

Exactly what he said.

As far as the price goes these are not made to be eatin to replace a meal. These are things to throw in your bag incase you need a bite to eat.
                              I like them and feel they are the best premade protein bars you can buy. To each his own.
                              "Live Free or Die"

Comment

Working...
                              X