No announcement yet.

I say BACON. You say...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yawn. Roast shoulder of pork for dinner last night. Cracking. Stewed pork belly. Trotters. Even deli pork has many delightful forms - hams of many hues, pancetta, proscuitto, speck. Pigs have so much to offer, why obsess over one product?
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Food of the Gods!

Comment

I say AWESOME. No other words to describe bacon.

Comment

I ♥ bacon, but I worry about the salt (plus other crap depending on where you get it from...) plus pork crates, the free-range stuff is way expensive (though I do try to buy free range pork whenever possible, and sadly have to limit my bacon!)

Comment

Originally posted by peril View Post
            Yawn. Roast shoulder of pork for dinner last night. Cracking. Stewed pork belly. Trotters. Even deli pork has many delightful forms - hams of many hues, pancetta, proscuitto, speck. Pigs have so much to offer, why obsess over one product?
            +1, bacon is the starter for all the other great pig products.
            This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
            Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

dammit it is sunday and I dont have any bacon!!!!
              MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Comment

Bacon?
                Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Moar!!!!!!!
                  A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

Bacon.... F*(&*^! salt restricted diet... I can't eat it. ='(
                    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

I had some uncured, unsmoked bacon a while back. I'm pretty sure it was just sliced pork belly... It was incredible. Ate a pound, scrambled four eggs in the grease. Regular bacon tastes too salty now. I want more pork belly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jett Airliner View Post
                        I had some uncured, unsmoked bacon a while back. I'm pretty sure it was just sliced pork belly... It was incredible. Ate a pound, scrambled four eggs in the grease. Regular bacon tastes too salty now. I want more pork belly.
                        I definitely need to try this route... I've only ever braised pork belly... not fried it crisp.

I'e been sodium restricted for a while now, and pretty much anything with salt tastes TOO salty now.
                        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

AGEs!

Comment

"No, thanks."
                            Bacon is a transition food.
                            Pork belly is where it's at.

Comment

Ahhhhhh bacon, worlds most perfect food!

Comment

...breakfast of champions.

Comment

Working...
                                X