Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

newbie here...is there such a thing as eating too little?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • newbie here...is there such a thing as eating too little?

    Today was my first day trying this Primal thing. I ate the prescribed foods (grilled meat, veggies, eggs, black coffee, lots of water), only ate twice because I was not hungry more than that, and it was easy....today. My question: I know we don't count calories, but is there such a thing as not eating enough on this eating plan? I just wasn't hungry.....

    Please advise.

  • #2
    For the most part, you'll be fine just listening to your body. Eat when hungry, stop when full. Especially when you first start, your body is going to take some time to get adjusted to your new plan. My first month, I had some ravenous days and some days where I didn't want to eat a thing. In the end, it balanced for the most part.

    During my second month, I started to notice some problems. My energy levels were low, I was moody, and I couldn't get through workouts. So, I tracked my calories out of curiosity and discovered I had been eating 1,000 calories or less for 2 week straight. So, I knew I needed to add some more in.

    For your first month, I strongly advise that you don't worry about it. Just listen to your body's signals and everything should work out fine. If you feel good, just go with it!
    -Krystal

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by FayetteSidra View Post
      For the most part, you'll be fine just listening to your body. Eat when hungry, stop when full. Especially when you first start, your body is going to take some time to get adjusted to your new plan. My first month, I had some ravenous days and some days where I didn't want to eat a thing. In the end, it balanced for the most part.

      During my second month, I started to notice some problems. My energy levels were low, I was moody, and I couldn't get through workouts. So, I tracked my calories out of curiosity and discovered I had been eating 1,000 calories or less for 2 week straight. So, I knew I needed to add some more in.

      For your first month, I strongly advise that you don't worry about it. Just listen to your body's signals and everything should work out fine. If you feel good, just go with it!
      ^^ This

      Comment


      • #4
        There's such a thing as eating too little on any diet. Not everybody has the same hunger levels. Some people, such as myself, always forget to eat and just don't feel hungry much. Others will end up eating too much regardless of what they're eating.
        "Thanks to the combination of meat, calcium-rich leaf foods, and a vigorous life, the early hunter-gatherers were robust, with strong skeletons, jaws, and teeth." - Harold McGee, On Food And Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen

        Comment


        • #5
          listen to your body. I'm a firm believer that the body can heal itself when given the proper tools (same for takin care of itself)

          yesterday I walked 15 miles and only had a 6 oz piece of ham shank all day. Wasn't hungry. I reckon I'll be hungry today though!
          --Trish (Bork)
          TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
          http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
          FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
            listen to your body. I'm a firm believer that the body can heal itself when given the proper tools (same for takin care of itself)

            yesterday I walked 15 miles and only had a 6 oz piece of ham shank all day. Wasn't hungry. I reckon I'll be hungry today though!
            wow 15 miles! i can honestly say i have never wakled 15 miles in one stretch in my whole life!

            here i am thinking i'm raising hell walking 2 miles to trader joe's and back.

            i better step up my game.

            anyhoo.. to the OP.. i am hardly ever hungry, i always have a low appetite, some days it'll be like 6 or 7 pm before i realize i haven't eaten anything. i rarely eat before 2pm. like the others said, just listen to your body. eat when you're hungry and when you're not, don't.

            if you start to notice irritability, or mental fogginess then look a little more closely to what you're eating and if it's enough.

            just listen to your body. i get about 1000 - 1500 calories a day and that's enough for me, but i'm not terribly active (sedentary job as a writer) so that amount works for me.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Primal_Cubana View Post
              wow 15 miles! i can honestly say i have never wakled 15 miles in one stretch in my whole life!
              Ditto. First time for me, too. Longest I had previously walked was 7 miles. In all fairness, it was broken up into 2 parts, but the total for the day was 15. I am REALLY sore today. The toddler took me for a barefoot 1/4 mile walk though, trying to stay loose. "Walk it out, walk it out"
              --Trish (Bork)
              TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
              http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
              FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

              Comment

              Working...
              X