Airplane fare?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airplane fare?

Any creative ideas beyond the usual trail mix, nuts, hardboiled eggs, jerky, etc? What do you all take while traveling via airplane to avoid the food in the airports/on plane?

Here is a rule I follow when traveling - nothing that smells! so forget about the hardboiled eggs. or eat them in the car before you enter the airport. I'm flying in June, and i'm planning on taking beef jerky, nuts, an apple, some sliced beef or turkey spread with whipped cream cheese. I only have a 3 hour flight, so I'm not worried. The only thing I will buy to eat in an airport is a Starbucks coffee, and that is IT.

Comment

an airplane ride seems like a good opportunity for some intermittent fasting...

...that's what grok would have done whenever he flew on airplanes
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Originally posted by primalrob View Post
        +1. About to fly (with a layover). Will provide me the opportunity for a good 18 hr fast.

Comment

Hmmm fasting probably is a good idea, didn't think about that...but I have a very early flight, and a long day of flying, so I know I'm going to get hungry and probably grouchy at some point. There's nothing wrong with the old standbys of jerky and trail mix, I was just wondering if anyone had any different ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by TCM View Post
            Hmmm fasting probably is a good idea, didn't think about that...but I have a very early flight, and a long day of flying, so I know I'm going to get hungry and probably grouchy at some point. There's nothing wrong with the old standbys of jerky and trail mix, I was just wondering if anyone had any different ideas!
            You can do it! A plane would be a great place for a first IF, because really... there aren't that many options! lol
            The more I see the less I know for sure.
            -John Lennon

Comment

My last trip I packed some sliced deli meat (Applegate Farms), a couple of hard boiled eggs, some macadamia nuts, and an apple and a packet of almond butter. I hardly ate any of it, but I was glad I had it with me as I wasn't up for travelling, changing planes and going for a 27 hour IF.

I still hate that you can't bring your own bottle of water with you. :-/
              sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

Originally posted by primalrob View Post
                +1 This is what I do now. Great opportunity for fasting. My travel is often between Alaska and the east coast so this occasionally gets me to a 24 hr+ fast.

Comment

Next month, I'm flying from Ohio to New Zealand. So I have about 20 hours of travel time to look forward to. I'm packing lots of fresh cut-up veggies (carrots, peppers, cucumbers, etc) and homemade jerky. I'm not bringing nuts or fruits because they aren't satisfying enough. Also, I can totally eat 5 pounds of nuts while sitting on that plane, and that's the last thing I need. I requested gluten-free meals for my flight, so maybe there will be something edible in there. Otherwise, like others said, this will probably be a fasting time.
                  -Krystal

Comment

If

Comment

How do you feel about cheese? BabyBels are awesome travel food. Individually sealed and they'll keep for a day or two outside the fridge.

Comment

If I'm going to be sitting down for a few hours, boy, I better eat something to get me through that.
                        You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

I travel quite a bit for work and agree with all the IF comments, that's what I do. If I really crave food before the trip a tablespoon of coconut oil and a big breakfast do the trick nicely.
                          You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

Just don't eat.

Comment

IF is nice if you can, but I get an upset stomach when flying on an empty stomach. It is recommended if you get airsick/motion sick to NOT have an empty stomach.

We flew recently and had to get to the airport at 4:45 am.....so I packed hardboiled eggs and cooked bacon to eat in the airport right before boarding (cold cooked bacon is not half bad by the way). In my bag I packed nuts, tanka bars, and chopped veggies. I pack cold leftovers quite often for long trips.....grilled flank steak is quite delish on the go, even cut up steak.
                              Erin
                              Daily Vlogs
                              Primal Pets Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X