Eggs per day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eggs per day?

How many is OK? I always want more after 2...I'm thinking 3-4 per day...is that too much?

That's my usual...so I think not!
    Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
    Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
    Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

I eat about 3 a day, but I have a few chickens who free range in the back yard and eat all sorts of grass and weeds and worms, so the eggs are very fresh and loaded with nutrients.

Do you have access to real free range or pastured eggs? By that I mean the chickens eat fresh grass and bugs. They are much more expensive, but I can really taste the difference between fresh eggs from happy chickens and supermarket eggs (even organic).

Based on my own experience, the good eggs are more satisfying than store bought eggs, so 2 may be enough for you!

Comment

I love eggs. I've been known to eat a dozen or more in a day, although that is rare. When I do add eggs to a meal, or they are the meal itself, I generally will eat three or four. Eggs are among the healthiest foods out there. Go nuts.

Comment

I have at least 4 almost everyday. That's my usual breakfast/lunch. I will occasionally have another in a smoothie or salad.

Comment

Anywhere from none, to 8 or more. I go through about 3 dozen eggs every 2 weeks.
            Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

Oh this is all WONDERFUL news! God no I don't think I can get real fresh eggs anywhere...my friend who has a place in the country here told me that none of the supermarket brands, not even the organic ones comes from real chickens and she said you can tell from the yolk (it's like really dark orange instead of yellow). I want chickensss!

Comment

Originally posted by tanyayogi View Post
                not even the organic ones comes from real chickens
                Do they come from fake chickens? ; )

Comment

Originally posted by denbro01 View Post
                  Do they come from fake chickens? ; )
                  Hahahah oops I meant "not even the organic ones COME from free-range, happy chickens"!

Comment

Originally posted by tanyayogi View Post
                    How many is OK? I always want more after 2...I'm thinking 3-4 per day...is that too much?
                    I have four to five on any given day.
                    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

Sometimes I go through a dozen or even two dozen eggs a week, sometimes I don't eat any eggs for weeks at a time (I'm in the middle of one of those phases right now). But when I do eat them, I eat between 2 and 4. They're a great way to get protein and fat in, especially if fried in butter or ghee. You could also just take a whole dozen and make a frittata and eat it throughout the week.

Comment

I usually have 3. Today I had 8 and a mound of bacon in one meal, I'm not entirely sure why but it felt right
                        Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Stabby View Post
                          I usually have 3. Today I had 8 and a mound of bacon in one meal, I'm not entirely sure why but it felt right
                          "For every truth proposed to you, instantly assume it to be wrong and put all of your energy into its falsification. If you cannot falsify it you may proceed down the path of acceptance, one step at a time, never leaping, never dragging your feet."
                          Who's that by? Is it based on Socrates' school of thought?

Comment

That's what I say. It is basically just in favor of skepticism and diligence in pursuing what is truth no matter how difficult it can be sometimes. We could say that it is Socratic. I only know that Socrates acknowledges that we shouldn't treat anything as certain and that is a fundamental tenet of skepticism. I don't know what Socrates would say about instantly rejecting every proposition until you think there is enough evidence for it, he would probably be in favor. We can get to the point where we are right to act as if something is true given the evidence, but I insist on being open to anything I believe being wrong.
                            Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Stabby View Post
                              That's what I say. It is basically just in favor of skepticism and diligence in pursuing what is truth no matter how difficult it can be sometimes. We could say that it is Socratic. I only know that Socrates acknowledges that we shouldn't treat anything as certain and that is a fundamental tenet of skepticism. I don't know what Socrates would say about instantly rejecting every proposition until you think there is enough evidence for it, he would probably be in favor. We can get to the point where we are right to act as if something is true given the evidence, but I insist on being open to anything I believe being wrong.
                              Heh, and here I thought it was a quote from Karl Popper.
                              Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

Working...
                              X