Why I Love Peanut Butter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I Love Peanut Butter

I'm at it again! This time I'm ranting about peanut butter.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

sigpic

I hate peanuts (and PB) the version of a PB&J I grew up with was butter and jelly on toast… man that stuff was heaven. To be fair though, I don’t really like any nut or nut butters.

My first American PB&J was a huge disappointment, same goes for cream cheese... and pancakes… basically everything my American friends couldn’t believe I had never eaten and forced me to try.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

I also love peanut butter, but I've mostly given it up since I started eating Primal. Too much omega-6 to indulge in on a regular basis (but this is true for all nuts other than macadamias). I think I recognize the jar in your hands (TJ, yes?) They have the best price on PB for sure. I think it was like 1.79/jar when I used to load up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
        To be fair though, I don’t really like any nut or nut butters.
        Dude, I need to develop that dislike. I've gotten a lot better over the past year or so (basically I jut don't buy nuts as often), but I still love all kinds of nuts and nut butters.

Comment

you primal blasphemer you!

I never had PB & J growing up. I like natural peanut butter, but I hate peanuts. Weird I know. But nothing tastes worse to me than Thai with peanuts or peanut sauce. But a spoon of PB on apples...yeah I like that.
          MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Comment

What about the aflatoxin concerns? (It's a carcinogenic mold that grows on peanuts.)

I admit that I enjoy peanut butter, but I find almond butter very nearly as good. I don't really eat peanut butter anymore.

Comment

Y'know, if someone put a gun to my head and said I had to eat one of two things or they'd kill me - catshit or peanut butter - there's an outside chance I'd eat the catshit but I'd probably take the bullet instead. The peanut butter would never be considered.

Only slighty exagerated; I hate peanuts that much.

Comment

Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
                Dude, I need to develop that dislike. I've gotten a lot better over the past year or so (basically I jut don't buy nuts as often), but I still love all kinds of nuts and nut butters.
                It’s not exactly a dislike, I just grew up without them so I never developed a taste for them I guess. I’ve eaten walnuts, macadamia nuts, almonds, peanuts, etc and just didn’t find them special. The info regarding some of the bad stuff about them (which I don’t think we need be so alarmist about) just makes it easier to not eat them.

Nutella though… I know it’s not really a nut butter so I’m not comparing it, but just saying I can eat that all day long, and have, many times.
                I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

PB fits nicely into the 80/20 rule, right?
                  It is best eaten w a spoon.

Comment

A spoon and a banana!

Comment

I'm at it again! This time I'm ranting about peanut butter.
                      Good write up. I too like "just peanuts" peanut butter and enjoy it on occasion.

Just a suggestion but for your recipe try frozen bananas and skip the ice. I find ice dilutes the taste too much. I keep an array of frozen fruit on hand. When I freeze bananas I slice them, lay them on a small tray to flash freeze, then put in a bag so they don't stick together. I do the same with cubed mangoes.

Comment

hey i grew up on the butter/jelly toast too! forgot about it altogether, until now thanks lol jk.

when i first went for help 'gaining' weight oh my lordy lemme tell you these people FRIKIN LOVED peanut butter. they wanted it in my oatmeal, my sandwiches, my grits, my crackers, my veggies, everything. same with avocados. - i think they were trying to make it my personal 'safe fat' as opposed to fing rib eye and butter. but whatever i found my way

i don't like peanuts either but seems most peanuts i see at the store are either caramelized, rolled in sugar, candy coated, or some other nonsense.

Never had nuts growing up. definitely had lots of PBJ samiches, but no nuts. wait i lied, my mom made homemade pecan pie a lot but we never saw the pecans before the pie lol.
                        Get on my Level
                        http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Peanut butter isn't as big a deal in Denmark as in the US... at all, actually, so I didn't grow up on it. I do like it though, but had also kinda forgotten it since going primal.

A banana and a spoon!
                          Sounds good, BUT - cinnamon, maple syrup (banana and chocolate are good too) as topping on pancakes, now that's good! [...] Although I actually don't feel likt eating it right now :-/ I usually think it's the best!

Comment

I haven't been able to develop a taste for quality natural nut butters yet. The oil is a major turn-off for me. I guess I just really like creamy Jif.
                            "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

I just got some macadamia nut butter, and it is supremely delightful!

Comment

Working...
                              X