Salad dressing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salad dressing

Does anyone have any good primal salad dressings? I can make them at home, or if there is store brand, that would be ok too, as long as it isn't full of junk. Thanks!

You can make mayo - Mark has a recipe on the site - it was a blog post sometime in the last month. I make a balsamic vinagrette

2/3 EVOO
    1/3 balsamic
    add italian spices, salt and pepper to taste.

It is my "go to" dressing
    There was another thread about salad dressings with recipes a few weeks ago too - you might do a search for it as well.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Comment

Equal parts Neutral coconut oil (melted) and evoo
      splash of Red wine or White Balsamic vinegar
      tsp dijon mustard
      1 clove garlic crushed
      Herbs
      salt and pepper to taste

Comment

There was a good thread in the recipe forum awhile back. In fact, if you search the Primal Blueprint Recipes forum for "salad dressing", you'll get a ton of ideas.

Comment

I usually just throw together olive oil, dijon mustard, and minced garlic.

Comment

Originally posted by Styrofoam Jones View Post
            I usually just throw together olive oil, dijon mustard, and minced garlic.
            +1000

Comment

Pesto thinned with some vinegar makes a good salad dressing. Another interesting idea is tahini thinned with some cumin, lemon juice and olive oil. (I think tahini is primal, someone correct me if I'm wrong)
              My food blog, with many PB-friendly recipes

Comment

MAKES: ~¾ cup
                1 tsp Dijon-style mustard, smooth or grainy
                2 tbsp + 1 tsp wine vinegar
                ½ cup olive oil
                1 tbsp flax seed oil
                Whisk mustard into vinegar. Add olive oil in a thin stream, whisking constantly until oil is emulsified. Whisk in
                flax oil, and use immediately.
                Variation: Mix 1 tsp of finely chopped fresh herbs (e.g., parsley, tarragon, thyme, basil, or oregano) into the
                basic recipe after the mix has emulsified.

Comment

Make a batch of evoo mayo then add whatever flavor you're in the mood for....and you can just use it as mayo.
                  Today I just added a squirt of mustard and it was yum.

Comment

BUTTER.

Chop some walnuts, toss them in a small pan with two tablespoons butter. It's good by itself, but I normally add crumbled blue cheese, boiled egg, blueberries or a tomato - sometimes some grated Parmesan cheese.

Last night, I turned it into a porkchop salad.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
                    Congenital Hypothyroid
                    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

-lemon juice, olive oil, black pepper, parmesan

-balsamic, olive oil, garlic, dijon, salt & pepper

-tomatoes blended with cream, salt, and italian spices/herbs

-balsamic vinegar reduced with fruit conserve, mixed with olive oil and garlic

-coconut milk blended with cilantro, ginger, and garlic

-greek yogurt, garlic, fresh mint, orange peel, lemon juice

-cook pears in vinegar, save the vinegar and blend the two with garlic, olive oil and spices
                      Last edited by Chaohinon; 04-20-2011, 12:14 AM.
                      “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Comment

Working...
                      X