Feel tired, grumpy and nauseous :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feel tired, grumpy and nauseous :(

I've been doing this about 4 days now and I feel very nauseous...especially in the morning after my first meal...Also, I'm very tired and grumpy without my carbs...will this go away??

TIA ~ Kristie

Standard "low-carb flu." Your body needs time to adjust to fat-burning instead of sugar-burning for energy. It'll last a few days to 2 weeks in most cases. A much smaller percentage of people experience it for up to a couple months. Hang in there -- it's worth it.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

A lot of people experience flu-like symptoms when they start on a Paleo or Primal way of eating. Yes, it will lessen/go away with time as your body gets used to eating healthy, real foods and heals from all the years of rubbish eating.

Carrie

Comment

yes it will. The more dilligent and strict you are the faster it will pass. Sleep lots, drink lots of water. eat bacon. It's worth it.

Comment

Don't worry, it definately goes away and you feel SO much better than before when it does! It's just your body adjusting to the change of diet, it'll function better soon =]
          Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

What the ladies here have said!

PS: nauseated, not nauseous.
            August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

Working...
            X