Gary Taubes Blood work results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Taubes Blood work results

I ran across these results on Taubes' blog. I do not intend to lobby for his site, his books, or his way of thinking, but I would like to hear any opinons on the actual numbers and how healthy/unhealthy they are:

http://www.garytaubes.com/2011/04/be...t-cholesterol/

the link doesn't work.

Comment

I think Mr. Taubes needs more bandwidth...I'll try again as this link appears to work when it wants to:

Before sugar, we were talking about cholesterol | Gary Taubes | Gary Taubes

Comment

I think Mr. Taubes needs more bandwidth...I'll try again as this link appears to work when it wants to:

Before sugar, we were talking about cholesterol | Gary Taubes | Gary Taubes

Comment

The links worked for me. Looks fine to me. He should've let Oz test him.

Comment

Look at that CRP and glucose. Further confirming that Taubes doesn't know anything at all about inflammation or metabolic health. It is fools gold to look at blood lipids in a person on a low carbohydrate diet and try to extrapolate anything at all about his health, but CRP and glucose don't lie.
            Last edited by Stabby; 04-18-2011, 11:19 AM.
            Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Stabby View Post
              Look at that CRP and glucose.......but CRP and glucose don't lie.
              What do they mean?

Comment

I just mean his CRP is high, meaning excessive inflammation. That's all.

Comment

A little off-topic, but could someone tell me the "name" of the test I should request that would return all the categories of the test referenced above? I'm going in for a physical next week and would like to get more than the "calculated" LDL numbers of the typical test. Thanks in advance

Comment

There's a list of suggested tests and some basic info on what they mean in Robb Wolf's book.
                    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Look at that CRP and glucose. Further confirming that Taubes doesn't know anything at all about inflammation or metabolic health. It is fools gold to look at blood lipids in a person on a low carbohydrate diet and try to extrapolate anything at all about his health, but CRP and glucose don't lie.
                      Could you please elaborate? I sort of know who Gary Taubes is but I am not particularly familiar with his diet. What exactly is he doing wrong? Is he not low carb enough?

Comment

I just mean his CRP is high, meaning excessive inflammation. That's all.
                        His CRP is 0.72, and his Glucose 86.

We should all be so lucky to have a CRP that ridiculously low!

(why on earth are you saying this is high????)
                        sigpic

Comment

Compared to people eating trans fats and sugar that is low. Compared to people who are healthy it is high.

Gary Taubes advocates one thing for health: a low carb diet. Which is miles away from sufficient. Live in delusion if you wish.

Comment

Compared to people eating trans fats and sugar that is low. Compared to people who are healthy it is high.

Gary Taubes advocates one thing for health: a low carb diet. Which is miles away from sufficient. Live in delusion if you wish.
                            +1000

I really don't get the Taubes love, when he gets 1 thing right and so much wrong!
                            Lifting Journal

Comment

I get the Taubes love. The first 2 sections of GCBC were badass and completely on-point with the lipid hypothesis and whatnot. But just because someone is right about one thing doesn't mean that they are not wrong about others.

Comment

Working...
                              X