No announcement yet.

How Many Eggs is Too Many?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One things for sure; never heard of anyone getting tooth decay from eggs. That might imply its a food humans are well adapted to.

Comment

Lately I've been eating about 30 a week.

I don't know what number is too high ( if there is such a thing).

I don't care what is said in media or by so called nutritionalists.

Comment

ummm.... how long does it take you to eat an egg? And how many minutes in prep? How many hours are you up per day?
        Do the math. That's how many eggs you can eat!
        LOL
        The problem with people these days is they've forgotten we're really just animals.

We did not create the web of life; we are but a strand in it.
        ~ Chief Seattle

We do not have souls. We ARE souls. We have bodies.
        ~ C. S. Lewis

Comment

I eat ahhhhhhhhh lot, i could easily go through a few dozen a week by myself. If i get tired of hardboiled I go fried, if i get tired of fried I make an omelet. Which reminds me..... I need to get around to that 50 egg challenge

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I eat a 7 extra large egg scramble for breakfast. I may or may not eat more during the day. Time will tell if this is healthy or not.

I saw this hulk of a guy at the supermaket yesterday. I'm talking arnie like proportions. I was picking up a 24 pack of eggs. He came in and took the whole carton of 24 packs. I'm guessing its his weekly supply.
            Ones who try my curry are not ones to leave in a hurry

Comment

I voted 10-19 because that's what I eat. Typically two a day, once in a while 3. But if the economics are that clear, go for it.
              Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Couple of extra large eggs in a western style omelet most mornings for me seems fine. 'Bout a dozen a week, or so gets it for me. I think I'll stick with my present amount since it seems to work OK.

I'm almost feeling ovo-inadequate for all the quantities that are being slung around on this thread...

Comment

In your situation, the more the merrier. For people with better access to other foods, there is a drop-off as eggs displace other foods.

I eat three duck eggs a day, mostly. That's about six chicken eggs' worth of yolks, x 7 is about 42 "chicken eggs" a week-ish.
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Currently, I eat about 5 dozen (60) gigantic eggs a week. Found a good source of pastured eggs that I can get delivered to my house for $3/dozen and I'm budget-conscious and trying to gain some weight. Most of those are enjoyed raw.
                    Last edited by RichMahogany; 08-02-2013, 07:32 PM.
                    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Anywhere from 3 to 12 per day, usually 6 for brekkie. But every so often I'll go a few weeks without any at all.
                      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Why are 2-year-old threads being bumped all of a sudden? Just wondering, this is the second one I've noticed today.
                        My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
                        (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
                        Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
                        (Red Dwarf)

Comment

The thread was necro'd by zebonaut. Some people search for existing threads and start replying even though they may have lain dormant for years.

I don't know how to answer. For me, I could probably eat 7 eggs a week without reacting, though I could probably consume a dozen egg yolks a day or more without any problem except perhaps a caloric one of edging out other foods.

Comment

Medium Sized 30-40.

Comment

I usally eat duck eggs ( or goose when i can get them,) 1 duck egg is equal to two xl chicken eggs or 3 med.. And a goose egg is about 2-4 times the duck eggs... So i guess i eat the equivilant of 40-60 med chicken eggs a week.
                              If they are free range and not fed crap then i say eat as many as you want.
                              Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Cyborcat View Post
                                Why are 2-year-old threads being bumped all of a sudden? Just wondering, this is the second one I've noticed today.
                                It's kind of interesting that it came up again given the all eggs diet experiment going on on another thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X