Red Meat...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Meat...

I want to hear everybodies views on Red Meat..

Don't eat it too much ..
    Eat it everyday ..
    too much bad for body,
    eating it is healthy for body,
    Causes Cancer,
    Better to eat lean meat vs red meat
    etc etc etc ..

Thx Everyone for the input
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

I posted about it here http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread20415.html

Haters gonna hate, what can ya do? Their self-schema is contingent upon hatin', so all you gotta do is state the facts and let them keep on fuming.

Points of contention: Carnosene, carnitine, CLA, alpha-lipoic acid, all highly abundant in grass fed meat, all have clinical levels of positive activity and are not found in as great quantities in poultry and pork. Plus ruminants naturally produce less omega 6. There are some terrible terrible arguments against red meat which I cover in shallow detail in that post and link to some better detail. There is just so much to say about the issue.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Stabby View Post
      I posted about it here http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread20415.html

Haters gonna hate, what can ya do? Their self-schema is contingent upon hatin', so all you gotta do is state the facts and let them keep on fuming.

Points of contention: Carnosene, carnitine, CLA, alpha-lipoic acid, all highly abundant in grass fed meat, all have clinical levels of positive activity and are not found in as great quantities in poultry and pork. Plus ruminants naturally produce less omega 6. There are some terrible terrible arguments against red meat which I cover in shallow detail in that post and link to some better detail. There is just so much to say about the issue.
      Oh wow .. Thx for all thx info! I'm definitely gonna have to check it out tomorrow when I'm more awake
      "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
      Currant: 136 lbs
      Goal: 125 lbs
      11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Comment

I eat red meat several times a week usually. These days I'm more into fish though as I have some kind of fish nearly one or twice every day.
        http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Eat it as often as you like. Unlike CW, we love our fatty ribeyes and believe it is quite healthy!

My diet is center around 100% grassfed/corn fed red meat (beef, lamb, goat, bison) game, and wild caught seafood, with little pork/poultry. I do this because it helps keep omega 6 as low as possible.

Try to get organic/100 grassfed as much as possible.
          Last edited by Zed; 04-14-2011, 10:38 PM.

Comment

I try and eat read meat - specifically wild game meat - at-least once a day. I believe it is incredibly healthy, and a nice bit of fat doesn't hurt either.

However, I suspect that these type that advocate butter-fried bacon and sausages are probably indulging in a bit too much of a good thing (as I wash down a hunk of salami with coconut milk).

Comment

Red meat, white meat. It's a completely invalid concept.

The primary defining factor in whether animals are white meat or red meat is whether their muscles are mostly fast-twitch or mostly slow-twitch. Slow-twitch muscles are used often, for extended activities like constant walking, standing or flying. It has a lot of the protein myoglobin, which stores large amounts of oxygen to support this long-term energy use. Myoglobin is reddish in color, sort of like hemoglobin in blood, which is why red meat can look so bloody.
              Take a look at what we call white meat before you cook it. It's pale pink. A shade of red, really. You cook it and it turns white. You cook red meat and it turns gray. But we don't call it gray meat. Meat is meat.
              You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

I love red meat. I go with what my body is craving. Sometimes its red meat, sometimes poultry or fish. But I do try to make sure I am eating grass fed and as lean as possible (unless its a ribeye of course)
                "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

I know I feel far better when I eat red meat (& liver) several times a month, but I am now eating mostly grassfed. Prefer meat on the rare side. Carpaccio is a favorite meal.
                  This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                  Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

Red meat with fat attached is ftw 100%. Who is arguing against a lamb chop or 3 on here?
                    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

I was raised a vegetarian, and had never eaten a mammal in my life until this fall. I have significantly more oomph with beef in my diet than without - I think I may have been borderline anemic before.

Now, I eat grassfed beef almost daily. Soon I'll be adding in some goat and bison. I wish I could get game and lamb too! Like Zed, I focus on grassfed ruminants and wild fish, and less on poultry and pork to optimize my n-6:n-3 intake while minimizing total PUFAs. Plus, I love my meat raw or rare, and grassfed steaks and wild fish are the safest choices. Yum.

If your meat is grassfed and from a good source, there is no reason why you would need to choose leaner cuts.
                      The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Comment

Three steaks a day keep the doctor at bay.
                        In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

I enjoy it, eat it on a daily or near daily basis. I know that I also have a penchant for becoming anemic, so I make sure I eat it at least every other day. I've found that, for both taste and positive effects, rare- medium rare work best for me and I need to cook it in an oil or solid fat.
                          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

I was trying to research to find out what the most recent poop is. I have been eating more beef lately than usual. Today alone, about 110g of red meat. I am still under my calories, but my protein for the day was about half again as much as it should be. So I was just wondering if it was too much of a good thing.
                            65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

I only eat it about 5 days a week, so I guess maybe I could eat a little more of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X