Potluck ideas?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potluck ideas?

My son goes to a DoD school and they are putting on a Patriot Day shindig where they will have Military and Civilian volunteers putting on activities/presentations etc. and are asking for food donations to feed the volunteers for lunch.

Before this (recent) diet change, I would have sent cookies. Now I want to send something more substantial. It has to come in a disposable container and cannot need to be heated/cooled.

So can anyone more experienced than I, offer some food suggestions?
    "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

I have a work potluck next week. Our department is responsible for side dishes so I'm thinking of doing a plate of tomato & mozzarella slices with basil. I still do tomatoes and a bit of dairy (in moderation).
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

Just as long as they are whole foods you have a lot of choices. First thing that comes to mind is a fruit plate or a veggie platter.
      "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

crockpot chicken is great to take.
        Gretchen in Wyoming
        Princess to the King
        Mom of 3
        Grandma of 1
        Bride to Steven

my blog Mama Goes Primal

Comment

<Cannot need to be heated or cooled>

My suggestion would be to find a primal treat recipe to make. There are fudge recipes and such in both of Marks cookbooks.

Otherwise veggie tray sans dip would work.

Comment

A cauliflower hummus would work without refrigeration I think...

Ode to Hummus The Cavewoman Cafe
            Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
            Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
            CW: 146.8 lbs
            GW 140 lbs
            A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

A BAS would work.
              Georgette

Comment

Originally posted by geostump View Post
                A BAS would work.
                Hmmm I wonder if I can put that on the request form LOL

Dish provided: Gluten free chocolate chip cookies & a Big A$$ Salad!
                "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

Comment

Fruit or veggie tray is usually my choice for those things, even preprimal
                  Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Comment

Working...
                  X