No announcement yet.

Things you can't give up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too am a sugar-holic. Never was a chocolate person, but something happened in my aging process....

I will absolutely CAVE when I see a thick, rich, gooey brownie. OMG!

I have a hard time giving up beer. I drank wine instead this past year and then hubby brought home low carb beer with a rich flavor and I love it again (Michelob Ultra - Amber).

I was NEVER a big bread or pasta person, but This last weekend the restaurant served up Yeast Rolls with honey butter. Good Lord, if that is a sin, I don't wanna be right! ;-) Oh, yeah, and you can't leave out the Red Lobster Cheddar Bisquits!

Bad thread for me right now. I'm closing in on hr 30 of my fast!!!! ;-)

Comment

Haha, that's something else I can't give up... 3 square meals a day!

I really really really want to fast though...

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
      ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

I&#39;ve always been a chips and pop person but I&#39;ve successfully kept those out of my diet for 6 and 7 years respectively. However, I gave up chocolate at the beginning of the year but I started eating dark chocolate upon going primal...purely for the health benefits of course.

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

Lovestoclimb, so you actually don&#39;t enjoy eating DC?

Comment

I love it! That was pure sarcasm! I currently go for the 90% stuff. Everything else tastes like milk chocolate.

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

I don&#39;t think I was much of a sugaraholic as a kid. I loved fatty, fried and salty stuff but not so much sugar. I think I became one after I moved to the US 10 years ago.

Chocolate, now that whole another story. There was a time when I could just eat chocolate and nothing else - maybe it was the sugar in them. But now, I LOVE Dark chocolate, but haven&#39;t found anything higher than 87%. Yesterday, I saw some really dark raw chocolate in a health-food store but it had agave syrup in it

LovesToClimb, mind sharing your primal Brownie recipe?

Comment

I can and I will...although I claim no responsibility for people that eat too much of it! There is a tad of agave nectar in it though.

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

Yes post it!

Comment

done!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...oconut-Brownie
                    I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

The only thing I miss is Roast Potatoes, haven&#39;t had them in a year so doing great! My thing I can&#39;t give up since being primal is 85% chocolate, even though it&#39;s primal it&#39;s supposed to be an induldenge but I eat it everyday!

Comment

I always said I would never give up coffee- but I gave it up to sleep better.

Now I say I will never give up my wine.

Comment

Probably ice cream. I&#39;ve never tried the coconut milk + berries primal version of ice cream, but I&#39;m willing to bet it would set off a chain reaction of eating everything in sight just like the real deal. Boo

Comment

I have two cheats on occasion, but definitely don&#39;t EVER keep them around my apartment - rice and hard pack ice cream. The ice cream is more an appeal to my foodie nature. If I&#39;m near a place that serves good, hand crafted ice cream, I&#39;ve got to have a small cup. Rice is a rare cheat - usually from a piece of sushi.

Comment

Beer. I really miss beer - Scottish Ale, in particular. My hubby has one every night, too. What a torture!

Comment

I have to add nuts to my list. After 5 days of almost no nuts, I went crazy with almonds and cashews today. Strangely, I never indulged in them as much before going Primal.

Comment

Working...
                                X