Michelle Obama's DietTips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michelle Obama's DietTips

"...adding a vegetable or a fruit to a dinner plate, making that more the meal than the meat or the rice...Standing in front of the TV instead of sitting." ( http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/10...v-standing-up/ )

Personally, I stand on my head to eat. Keeps the calories from going to my butt....

Well, I won't be doing anything she's doing! She looks AWFUL.

Can't STAND that woman.

Comment

She doesn't look that bad, though I'd prefer to replace the RICE alone with the fruit or veggie instead of the meat. She's an intelligent woman. Too bad she got suckered in by CW.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
      Current weight: 199
      Goal: 145

Comment

Those suggestions are "safe and easy".

Generally, people don't want to hear "you have to work hard" and the like.

safe and easy. safe and easy.

Comment

Ecala- I'm with you on that one.

Comment

Ecala, that's kind of mean. I think she looks great and she's got nice pipes on her

I also think that she did way more than many other first-ladies before her to influece kids and women to pay attention to what they eat and how they excercise. Granted it's not what WE want to hear, I still think it's better than no education at all.

Comment

That's a good point...it's better than nothing.

but if you're going to 'educate' someone...provide them with information that's actually going to do them signifcant 'good'.

STANDING in front of the tv may be "better" than SITTING...but is that really going to do anything?

Comment

First Lady has got to be the most thankless job in the nation. It comes with tons of visibility and an expectation that they'll be "an advocate" for something. Yet they have virtually no power to directly implement policy, and they're subject to intense public scrutiny regardless of what they do (or don't do). And, oh yeah, they can't (as a practical matter) quit without causing a national firestorm. This isn't just an "Obama thing." Michelle Obama, Laura Bush, Hillary Clinton, Barbara Bush, Nancy Reagan. None of them were immune, and, like women everywhere, one of the principal critiques they receive is their appearance. Makes me wonder how they hold up.

Comment

No, not really. Valid point, Mr. B.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
                  Current weight: 199
                  Goal: 145

Comment

[quote]

Ecala, that's kind of mean.
                    </blockquote>

What&#39;s mean?

That I said she looks awful?

That&#39;s my opinion. I think she does not look near as good as the media makes her out to look. Pipes? Please.

ETA: I mean, her arms aren&#39;t anything to write about. They are merely average, IMO.

Comment

I&#39;m tired of hearing about her arms.

Comment

Well then, for all the meat she encourages people NOT to eat = MORE MEAT FOR ME.

Comment

I&#39;m kind of surprised about her advocating to eat less meat. I read somewhere that the White House chefs cook South Beach style meals for the Obamas, which is relatively high-protein.

I haven&#39;t yet read the link Sassa posted but I think the Obamas are trying to do a good job of advocating healthy lifestyle within the realm of CW ... grow your own veggies, play more, watch less TV...Even if a few people follow their advice, it will be a step in the right direction.

Comment

Ecala: Who cares about her looks? What a shallow judgment to make of anyone.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

I think we have to be a little careful not to jump on people who don&#39;t espouse the PB as we know it. for many of us this understanding is relatively recent. For a first lady she doesn&#39;t seem to be doing too bad a job encouraging people to move more and eat real food.

Comment

Working...
                              X