How many eggs do you eat per day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many eggs do you eat per day?

I've been cooking a lot of eggs and that has been a concern to my husband. He likes them and eats them, but then says he's going to give up "my style of eating" (he's not yet primal, but since I'm the cook, I try to make it as low-carb as possible) after a few days. I just hope he doesn't. Between the 2 of us, we eat about 3 dozen eggs per week. My highest has been 6 in a day. Just out of curiosity and for fun, how many do you typically eat and what has been the highest in a day?

I ate 7 yesterday.

Comment

And I probably go through 2 dozen per week just by myself.

Comment

I usually eat 3 for breakfast but there have been numerous occasions where I ate 6-7 a day as well. Felt great

Comment

I eat around 3 eggs daily, on average. My highest in one day was 8; 4 in the a.m., and 4 in the p.m.

Comment

Gosh, I'm seriously craving eggs now. I have some boiled eggs at home. I'll fry some onion in butter, and add sliced eggs, S&P....yummy!

Comment

Comment

I eat 4 eggs for breakfast every morning (sunny side up, soft yolk) and bring 2 hard boiled eggs to work to snack on. Some days I eat both, some days only 1. The eggs are from free range chickens. It's kind of cool eating eggs that have green shells as well as brown, are inconsistent sizes, and sometimes have bumpy shells. Definitely not the mass produced, homogenous industrial eggs the major grocery stores sell.

Comment

Average 5 a day.

Comment

4. Always 4. Don't know why.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

anywhere from 2-12,... but i'd say it averages around 4.

Comment

At least 2, sometimes 4-6 depending on what I cook for dinner. (Lots of souffles, quiche, etc and sauces that are thickened with yolk, custards etc.)

The more I see the less I know for sure.
                        -John Lennon

Comment

anywhere from 4-12. I have gone weeks just eating 12 eggs cooked in butter, coconut oil and bacon fat each day.

Comment

^ Only spent $20 on groceries that week for free range eggs & nitrate free bacon!

Comment

Usually 2 every morning, sometimes an eggy dish for dinner also.

My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
                              On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Comment

Working...
                              X