No announcement yet.

How many eggs do you eat per day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

billman89, did you see weight-loss during your eggs-only period? I've been at the same weight (+/- 3 lbs) for almost 3 months now. But I also eat a lot of veggies and some fruit.

Comment

At least 2, from my own chickens. Sometimes up to 4.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

We easily go through about 5 dozen a week between 4 of us. That's probably a low estimate as well.

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

I would say I eat anywhere between 3 and 6 a day. I can't help it. They're so good!

Comment

Only 2 for breakfast. I eat meat for the rest of the day to satisfy my protein needs.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
            ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

2-4.

The other day at the commissary (grocery store on military base)I had in my cart 3 dozen eggs, four packs of bacon, lots of produce, and nothing else. This woman in line behind me (weighing in at at least 200 lb, way shorter than me at 5&#39;10", 140) and she asked how long it would take my family to get through THAT MANY eggs. I said maybe a week at the most. She acted so disgusted and asked aren&#39;t I worried about all the cholesterol and fat in that many eggs? I couldn&#39;t think of a good response as I was caught totally off guard at her nosiness. But in her cart, I kid you not, was tons of white bread, Honeycomb cereal, frozen pizza, etc. Seriously.

Comment

Now THIS makes me feel like a n00b... I&#39;ve been having two eggs per day this week.

Comment

Eek! poundcake, what a cheeky woman! Clearly, irony is not her strong suit....

I am a little behind on the egg consumption, but I&#39;m upping it slowly. 2 eggs every other day, but plan on getting more in now!

Comment

Do you guys consider eggs superior to meat?

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

2-6, depends.

Comment

I have 3-6 eggs a day, usually prepared omelet style or sunny side up. I tend to melt some goat or sheeps milk cheese (sometimes fresh grated parm too) over them and top with hot sauce.

Comment

Usually 4 with my breakfast, maybe a few more later. Generally fried, soft yolk, but sometimes scrambled, boiled, or omelette.

Even high quality free range eggs are cheap in comparison to meat, and give a lot of nutritional "bang for your buck": protein, fat, cholesterol, vitamins. I think that&#39;s partly why they&#39;re so popular.

Comment

1-2 it&#39;s been a long time since i&#39;ve eaten the whole egg (yolk included) so my body is adjusting to this. i get a bit bloaty if i have 3 eggs. but i&#39;m easing into it

Comment

2-4 but I&#39;m increasing this next week. I need to eat more fat.

Comment

I don&#39;t consider it superior to meat but it&#39;s a quick and easy breakfast... 6 eggs scrambled... butter on the pan.

Comment

Working...
                                X