Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Net carbs" calculations-anyone else have a problem with this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O_O
    This isn't an issue if you're eating food rather than food like substances. The path to failure is often littered with low carb treats.
    +1000

Real food people. Especially those that are trying to lose weight. ahem.

Comment

Originally posted by moo View Post
      +1000

Real food people. Especially those that are trying to lose weight. ahem.
      I gotta disagree a little on that one... Processed crap is bad for everyone, not just for fat people.

Comment

Originally posted by DianeThePurple View Post
        I gotta disagree a little on that one... Processed crap is bad for everyone, not just for fat people.
        Yes, I know that. Anyone who has read the book and reads here should know that.

My "for those trying to lose weight" pertains to the OP who posted a thread about not losing weight. I didn't insinuate or refer to anyone being fat.

Point blank, there is not one package of meat in my fridge or freezer that has ANY fiber in it (not that I even have to look when I buy it, I just happened to go check) and none of my veggies are labeled either.

Comment

I buy flax meal (it does have a label, but it is just ground flax seeds) and my mom says it is zero net carbs, but I don't count that way. It sounds to me like you could fool yourself about it pretty easily. The guidelines given in the PB don't say anything about net carbs, and I am following those guidelines and ending up with about 80-90g of carbs a day. I think it might be easy to edge up over the 150g area where most people gain weight if you used net carbs instead of "gross" carbs.
          Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Comment

Working...
          X