Ketosis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ketosis

My apologies for being too lazy to search the forum. Is ketosis good or bad? I mean I know (I think LOL) it means you`re burning fat but I thought I read in Taubes book that it shouldn`t be excreted through urine? Help
    "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
    www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

It's fine. I wouldn't aim for it, but some people seem to do a lot better on it. I don't.

Comment

I`m not aiming for it but I`ve been Primal for about a month or so. My carbs hover from 50-70 daily and out of curiosity I did a check this morning and discovered I was in ketosis.

Comment

It's a normal, natural metabolic state.
        Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

It is not a problem as long as it is not a problem for you :-).

But seriously - most people seem to tolerate it well, some like it very much, and a very small number seems to run into serious trouble (eg heart palpitations / arrhythmia). If you only realised it with the stick chances are you are alright....
          http://thorfalk.wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Ketosis makes me smell!

And I'm not just talking about the strong smelling pea, but my body odour goes through the roof. Whereas normally I can go most days without any anti-perspirant, when I'm in ketosis my thai chrystal stick doesn't work at all, and my 'natural' aluminium free roll-on also struggles to contain the stink

One question; If you are in ketosis is it supposed to increase body fat loss? Or is it that it increases your body's ability to use the fat you eat as fuel rather than your body fat?

I don't really have much, just a little around the love handles and covering my lower abs. I'm not actively trying to lose it (not actively trying to be in ketosis either, just don't normally get enough carbs from the veggies I normally eat to get me out of it), but I was wondering if I'm Ketosis, whether it it should be going anywhere?
              If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Ketosis means that you are burning fat for energy, as opposed to glucose.
                Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
                  Ketosis means that you are burning fat for energy, as opposed to glucose.
                  Thanks Dragonfly. So when in Ketosis, I take it that I really need to keep my fat intake up then?
                  (not that I have a problem there... especially after just discovering Batty's Blueberry Butter Balls. Gonna have me some fun tonight
                  If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                  If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                    Thanks Dragonfly. So when in Ketosis, I take it that I really need to keep my fat intake up then?
                    (not that I have a problem there... especially after just discovering Batty's Blueberry Butter Balls. Gonna have me some fun tonight
                    If you want to lose body fat, then actually dropping your fat intake slightly and IFing will help. If you don't want to lose, then of course, eat them Butter Balls!
                    Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                    Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                    Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Ketosis means that your body is running on a less damaging fuel putting you at a lowered risk for a large number of mental, heart, and injury related conditions. You don't have to aim for it, but if you're comfortable in that zone then enjoy all of the health benefits!
                      "You can demonstrate the purpose and limits of human digestion with a simple experiment: eat a steak with some whole corn kernels, and see what comes out the other end. It won’t be the steak."
                      -J.Stanton

Comment

Working...
                      X