Soybean oil in Paleo Brands dinners.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soybean oil in Paleo Brands dinners.

Dear People Making Paleo Products: Can you lose the soybean oil? | Hunt.Gather.Love.

Mark had included this in his Link Love this weekend. Soybean oil?

Soybean oil is cheap. I see it is a part of the mayonnaise in the recipe and there is mayo available without soybean oil.

But why buy these pre packaged foods? Paleo meals can be whipped up in a jiffy even for a lazy home cook.

Want convenience then sometimes you have to accept substandard ingredients.
    Last edited by O_O; 04-04-2011, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Yeah but soybean oil is one of the least paleo things there is.

Comment

Don't buy it!

I wouldn't but I don't use convenience foods.

Comment

I wouldn't buy it, I just find it lame.

Comment

My convenience food? Eggs. I can cook up eggs faster than any frozen meal, add some vegetables, either in or beside, and it's a perfect meal. I also cook large batches of my own real food and freeze some for those days when there's not time to cook. Pre-packaged "paleo" meals seem (at least in my mind) to run completely contrary to the reason I started this lifestyle in the first place.
            “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Pre-packaged "paleo" meals seem (at least in my mind) to run completely contrary to the reason I started this lifestyle in the first place
              Excellent point.

Even if I wanted to try frozen prepared meals I couldn't. I don't own a microwave nor do I want or need one!

Comment

Originally posted by O_O View Post
                Even if I wanted to try frozen prepared meals I couldn't. I don't own a microwave nor do I want or need one!
                And I bet you get gasps of disbelief when you tell most people this. I lived without a microwave for 2 years after my 2 yr-old fried it by starting it with no food in it. It was an adjustment for sure, but we did JUST. FINE. I also did dishes by hand in that house. Ah, the simple life.
                42 yo female; 5'8"
                Oct 2009: 205 lbs
                Dec 2010: 167 lbs
                Current weight: 158 lbs (first time under 160 in 17 years!!!)
                Goal weight: 145 lbs

Comment

Pre-packaged paleo - now that's the definition of an oxymoron.

Comment

The first thing I often hear when someone comes over is where's your microwave. My response is as always it is at the Salvation Army!

I didn't like leftovers reheated in it and I never cooked it in. If I went out and bought one I would have no idea what to do with it. Just a waste of space for me.

For lunch today I had leftover roasted chicken with some skin, spaghetti squash and brussel sprouts. So while the baby sprouts were steaming I heated up a non stick pan, misted it with some EVOO and warmed my chicken and squash. Lunch took about 7 minutes. And I didn't have to listen to the familiar food sounding like it was popping or exploding. Clean up oh about 3 mintues.

Comment

Well now that this has changed into a microwave thread (since pre-packaged paleo is a total FAIL) I’d like to proudly state that I use a microwave 5 days a week on average, at work, because darn it… I don’t wanna eat cold foods and there’s no dang kitchen here.

I even heat it up in plastic containers!!!!

BRB DYING.
                      I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

The original point was not to support pre-packaged paleo dinners. Dammit. I thought that went without saying. But Paleo Brands is endorsed (and maybe part owned) by Robb Wolf. I found that disappointing. If you are going to market items as paleo, pre-packaged or not, at least use paleo ingredients.

Comment

Seriously, if I could get Batty to agree to package her meals and ship them to me then I would do it in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by bwhit View Post
                            The original point was not to support pre-packaged paleo dinners. Dammit. I thought that went without saying. But Paleo Brands is endorsed (and maybe part owned) by Robb Wolf. I found that disappointing. If you are going to market items as paleo, pre-packaged or not, at least use paleo ingredients.
                            and I AGREE with you.

I do not buy *anything* that has "soy anything" as an ingredient.

Comment

it is rough out there for the gurus truthfully = hard to make a buck. It is a fascinating commentary on capitalism that the people who do the best job of advocating unprocessed whole foods also have to make their living selling processed food. Mark's formulas, paleo tv dinners, etc.

I make huge batches of food, usually 4-5 meals worth at once and I find a microwave really convenient. No plastic dishes though - don't want man-boobs again.
                              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Working...
                              X