Where to buy almond & coconut flour in the UK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy almond & coconut flour in the UK

Where can I get almond & coconut flour in the UK? I've tried Holland & Barret, Julian Graves, Waitrose and the local middle eastern store. All to no avail. So can anyone here help me out?

Thanks in advance,

skydiver

Hi havnent found almond flour but our daughter got us coconut flour from an Indian shop near us

Comment

I'd like to know where to get almond flour from too.. if all else fails i'm sure we could get it off the internet :S
      Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

I bought a bunch of the "let's do organic" on amazon. You can't beat the price with shipping. In the stores a package is about $8, i can get 8 of those packages for $16, or something like that.

Comment

Almond flour is just bog standard ground almonds Sainsburys does 500g for 1 I think, Tesco is more expensive.

Coconut flour I've found in ethnic stores, branded "East End Foods".

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
            Almond flour is just bog standard ground almonds Sainsburys does 500g for 1 I think, Tesco is more expensive.

Coconut flour I've found in ethnic stores, branded "East End Foods".
            Sainsburies? Are you kidding me?! I was in there yesterday, if I had know I would have had a look, I had 15mins to kill and ended up being early for work XD

Comment

Bakery section, blue/black/see-through bag.

Also sneak tip - if you want bags of almonds, walnuts etc, always get them from the baking section - cheaper than the "healthy wholefood" section.

Well, in my experience anyway

Comment

Thank you! It's a good mile and a bit to walk up to sainsburies so that can be my exercise for tomorrow!

Comment

thanks for the tips all.... the common supermarket, who'd have known!

Comment

Not flour I know but Tesco do a 1Kg bag of Almonds (think 1Kg) on the Asian/Euro section (at the back.

Side track slighty, what coconut milk do we get in UK besides Blue Dragon?

Comment

I haven't seen coconut flour for sale anywhere over here, even Sainsbury's. I get mine from amazon.co.uk or Healthmonthly.co.uk

Comment

I got my coconut flour from Coconutty, along with my oil.

Ground almonds from the supermarket. I bought it from Booths last time and it was quite coarsely ground compared with Tescos, but still made lovely brownies.
                        Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
                        Harold Whitman

Comment

This thread made me smile, because I've lived in the US for 22 years, frustrated at the lack of ground almonds here, until a few months ago when a primal recipe made me seek out almond flour. I'd been looking for the ground almonds in the nut section, when I should have been looking in the flour section.
                          Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
                          Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

Working...
                          X