1. Good Calories, Bad Calories
    2. Why We Get Fat
    3. The Primal Blueprint
    4. Omnivore's Dilemma
    5. The Evolution Diet
    6. The Paleo Diet
    7. The Paleo Solution
    8. Protein Power
    9. Vegetarian Myth (Did not enjoy this book at all - Had good points and research, but it was very "Gloom and doom".).

Any book sugggestions?

I want to read Deep Nutrition, but not able to find it in the store. I guess it's only available online?

Comment

Deep Nutrition looks intriguing. I have listened to 2 interviews with Dr. Cate and read her blog somewhat. She is HOT. And of course smart, which is what is important here...

If you have that impressive reading list I recommend The Perfect Health Diet. Seriously, this one is a must if you have been reading what you're reading. Excellent info, well-written and quasi-paleo.

I haven't read it yet, but I have heard interviews and read blog posts and Primal Body Primal Mind by Nora Gedgaudas looks great and is being re-released soon. She is HOT!
      Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

I'll look into Deep Nutrition and The Perfect Health Diet.

How about "Living Low Carb: Controlled-Carbohydrate Eating for Long-Term Weight Loss"?

Comment

Not sure exactly what you're looking for in terms of content, but here's my must-read list.

Real Food: What to Eat and Why by Nina Planck (might be a bit redundant if you've read what you've read, but it really is an excellent book)

Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston A. Price (the single most fascinating book I have ever read)

Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats by Sally Fallon

Full Moon Feast: Food and the Hunger for Connection by Jessica Prentice

Stats as of 3/1/12:
          5'10" female, 38 y/o
          Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
          WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
          DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
          EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

Comment

In Defense of Food - if you ask me, this is the book Michael Pollan wanted to write when he wrote the Omnivore's Dilemma.

The Unhealthy Truth - this is more focused on kids and allergies, but has some great stuff in there, especially if you're trying to wean someone off chemical non-foods (kids OR adults!).

The End of Overeating - kind of a one-note premise and the editing is terrible, but a great discussion of certain kinds of food addiction.

Comment

I want to get Nourishing Traditions too. Browsed through it, looks like a great reference. I've read about half of the OPs list above. Right now I'm reading Food in History. I'm sure it's outdated, but it's great for getting a grasp on the timeline for the evolution of human nutrition.

Comment

Originally posted by DianeThePurple View Post
                In Defense of Food - if you ask me, this is the book Michael Pollan wanted to write when he wrote the Omnivore's Dilemma.

The Unhealthy Truth - this is more focused on kids and allergies, but has some great stuff in there, especially if you're trying to wean someone off chemical non-foods (kids OR adults!).

The End of Overeating - kind of a one-note premise and the editing is terrible, but a great discussion of certain kinds of food addiction.
                I second "In Defense of Food". I thought it was a very well done book by Michael Pollan. I also want to read the "New Evolution Diet" by Art DeVany.
                "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

Deep Nutrition

Comment

Well, what is your position on food? Nutritional, or the love of food itself? I ask because I am a foodie, and I thoroughly enjoy Anthony Bourdain's books. I'm currently reading "The Nasty Bits" and I'm also starting "The Flavor Bible" by Karen Page. Beyond Paleo & Primal nutrition, I love reading about food and cooking for the pleasure of it.
                    Last edited by Diana Renata; 03-31-2011, 06:31 PM.

Comment

I own the flavor bible... very good

Comment

Another one I am interested in (recommended by Dr. Kurt Harris at PaNu) ...

Amazon.com: Natural Health & Weight Loss (9781905140152): Barry Groves: Books

Others recommended by Dr. Harris

http://www.paleonu.com/recommended-books/
                        Last edited by healthy11; 03-31-2011, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                          Well, what is your position on food? Nutritional, or the love of food itself? I ask because I am a foodie, and I thoroughly enjoy Anthony Bourdain's books. I'm currently reading "The Nasty Bits" and I'm also starting "The Flavor Bible" by Karen Page. Beyond Paleo & Primal nutrition, I love reading about food and cooking for the pleasure of it.
                          I love The Flavor Bible, although the title gives me strange images. Hehe.
                          Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

The Old Way by Elizabeth Marshall Thomas, about the Kalahari Bushmen. As close as you are going to get to someone living with Grok.
                            Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

Bad Science: Quacks, Hacks, and Big Pharma Flacks:

Amazon.com: Bad Science: Quacks, Hacks, and Big Pharma Flacks (9780865479180): Ben Goldacre: Books

Very funny book about how science is misrepresented. Has a lot of useful information for people without a scientific background to help understand how research is misrepresented by the media and pharmaceutical companies. Even if you are knowledgeable about the scientific method and evidenced-based medicine, this is very entertaining.

If only the sheeple I work with would read it...Just because you read it in medical/nursing/dietician/chiropractic school doesn't mean it's true...
                              Il faut vivre et non pas seulement exister.

Comment

Working...
                              X