Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

100% embarrassing butt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 100% embarrassing butt

    I hurt my back this morning when i went to use the bathroom, # 1 and then #2'd...and my back like wacked out and pulled or something. the lower part of my back hurts SO MUCH now i feel like i pulled every muscle down there...WTF???


    whatta i do!?!?! it hurts to sit, bend over...stand...yeah pretty much all the time
    Get on my Level
    http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

  • #2
    ...girls don't poop.



    GIRLS DON'T POOP.

    Comment


    • #3
      You bulged a disk, I bet, and now that disk is pressing on nerves causing diffuse pain in your low back. You could try the cobra stretch--that fixes mine when it's reasonably mild. If it's worse, I resort to a TENS machine strapped to my back.

      Back pain sucks...hope you feel better soon!
      Liz.

      Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
      Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

      Comment


      • #4
        ?

        My ex hubby had one-he said it was quite painful.
        Chief cook & bottle washer for one kid, a dog, 6 hens, 2 surprise! roosters, two horses, and a random 'herd' of quail.

        ~The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something one knows nothing about and refuses to investigate~

        Comment


        • #5
          My advice for all lower back problems and to anyone that has a back bone that doesn't have a rod lodged in it yet is to get an inversion table and use it daily. I had sciatica in my lower back and inverting is what fixed. When I was healing I used it several times a day. Now that I don't hurt at all I only use it once daily. From what I have read inverting draws fluids back onto the spice and allows healing that would otherwise take more time or just not happy. The spinal disks are the only tissue in the human body that don't have blood vessels going to them. I do my sit ups and inverted squats on my inversion table as well and I recommend one to anyone with back trouble. (over and over.....)
          http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by cavemanj View Post
            ...girls don't poop.



            GIRLS DON'T POOP.
            awesome.
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by lizch View Post
              You bulged a disk, I bet, and now that disk is pressing on nerves causing diffuse pain in your low back. You could try the cobra stretch--that fixes mine when it's reasonably mild. If it's worse, I resort to a TENS machine strapped to my back.

              Back pain sucks...hope you feel better soon!
              I 2nd this. I was a pretty active mtn biker and after normal ride I was bending down to go #1 and heard a pop and when I got up it started hurting. It progressed and got horrible until in the middle of the night I thought I might just die! I waited until 7AM and my body was shivering and both hands had curled up in shock. The hubby saw this and rushed me to the ER. The first thing the doc said to me was "were you in a bad car accident yesterday?". I had 2 herniated disks and one was bad enough that is was seriously pressing on a nerve. I ended up having surgery to remove one disc and I still have one slipped one in there 10 years later. I've had issues ever since but I'm also overweight. Took me a year to get over the nerve damage it caused in my right leg. Not trying to scare you but please go see a doctor. I actually had 3 prior times when I sort of threw my back out and would see my doctor and she would give me some pills and say to lay around. But I never got an MRI or Scan of any sort beyond a regular x-ray. If I would have gotten a scan prior to my 3rd and final incident I might have avoided the horrible things to come. If your pain worsens or persists I would definitely see a doctor and demand a Scan of some sort beyond a simple x-ray. Just my 2 cents.

              If you do have a bulging disc you can do things to help and actually keep out of surgery. Good luck and just listen to your body. If it keeps hurting definitely go seek out help.

              Comment


              • #8
                thanks guys.... i already need surgery on both knees...so knee pain and back is a little over whelming, and this is coming from a person who refuses to accept pain.

                ill google those stretches. i already have a slipped disk in my back from gymnastics/cheerleading years but it hasnt bothered me in years so maybe i moved it/forced it bad and reslipped it?
                Get on my Level
                http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yes, the Cobra stretch, or medically know as McKenzie exercises can be good for reducing the disc pressure on the spinal cord. If that is what is causing your pain.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If the Cobra stretch/McKenzie exercise (I just now returned from my 2nd appointment at the McKenzie Clinic in Portland!) doesn't work and you end up having to go to a doctor, do NOT let them automatically corral you into a surgery. There are a variety of options, but if you go to a surgeon their solution for everything is surgery.

                    @daemonized: I've been seriously thinking about getting an inversion table.
                    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Daemonized View Post
                      My advice for all lower back problems and to anyone that has a back bone that doesn't have a rod lodged in it yet is to get an inversion table and use it daily. I had sciatica in my lower back and inverting is what fixed. When I was healing I used it several times a day. Now that I don't hurt at all I only use it once daily. From what I have read inverting draws fluids back onto the spice and allows healing that would otherwise take more time or just not happy. The spinal disks are the only tissue in the human body that don't have blood vessels going to them. I do my sit ups and inverted squats on my inversion table as well and I recommend one to anyone with back trouble. (over and over.....)
                      Inversion tables ARE awesome. (except that they can be hard on the knees while doing full inversion) I got one for free (woo!) from my mother in law. I love it. Otherwise they are prohibitively expensive.
                      Last edited by carlh; 03-28-2011, 12:43 PM.
                      carl's cave

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        A pain free back is priceless to me. I fee like my physical strength and ability to work out was restored to me by mine and I sing the praises of inversion tables any chance I get.
                        http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MalPaz View Post

                          ill google those stretches. i already have a slipped disk in my back from gymnastics/cheerleading years but it hasnt bothered me in years so maybe i moved it/forced it bad and reslipped it?
                          I'd stay away from doing cobra - or googling this exercise and trying it without someone watching you. You could really injure your lower back if you are not doing it correctly. If you've already got a sore back or a disc problem - compressing the discs via cobra will not be a good idea.

                          If you can find a yoga therapist in your area - give them a call, or see if you can get in to see them. I totally agree that inversions are a great way to cope with any sort of back pain.

                          Good luck. I hope this is just a minor thing for you.
                          Robin
                          ~primal mama to 3~

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Are the inversion tables in the $300-400 (new) range worthwhile?
                            "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              haha thanks guys. i know how to stretch i wont hurt myself...i was a gymnast. that inversion table is expensive, as are doctors and yoga teach etc etc. i dont have money(oh, the # of times i have mentioned that on this forum...lol)

                              tigerlily i love what you said about surgery...according to the guy who ran my knee scans i would never 'walk normal and pain free' again without surgery...seems my own little 'physical therapy' worked without surgery and i am pain free(mostly)

                              think rubbing coconut oil on my back may help? im taking a magnesium chloride salt bath after work
                              Get on my Level
                              http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X