No announcement yet.

Plateau Frustration!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leanne you are doing well. Just take all the information and then decide if you need to change anything or keep things the same. Go by your instincts. Maybe the increase in fat in your diet is causing a plateau, maybe its just a plateau that most go through when losing body fat. Anyway, I'm sure you'll work it out. Let us know how you get on.

Comment

Your body is incredibly complicated. There is a lot going on! Sometimes you've just got to be patient and take the long view.

Good luck! I hope things start going in the right direction soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue View Post
        Whatever!

Didn't you just post in a thread that probably good idea to limit saturated fat if FAT loss is your goal?
        "Most of us have plenty of stored saturated fats. No need to ingest extra, particularly during the transition phase. My guess is if someone is trying to lean out, limiting saturated fats may be useful. Let the body metabolize its own saturated fat stores."
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread26784-2.html

Rather than count calories easier to portion control.
        Whatever indeed. LOL. How do calories get converted to usable energy and mass in your body? How does ingested saturated fat get converted to usable energy and mass in your body?

Comment

Originally posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
          Oh, and how did Paleo man do it? He was very likely in a constant state of near starvation. Who knew when the next meal would come? Maybe tomorrow, maybe 3-4 days, maybe sometimes a few weeks for a real, satisfying catch. That was true intermittent fasting that none of us can really understand.
          Physiologically, what does starvation mean? Given your premise, though, 2 million years of paleo man in constant state of near starvation got us to the last 10,000 years of the neolithic. I agree with you, we probably eat way more than we need to. Do we need to eat every day to be healthy? The concept of 3 meals a day seems very industrial, regimented for factory workers.

Comment

Originally posted by Leanne_R View Post
            I have been a bit lenient with the fat lately. I noticed this plateau started creeping up when I purchased pastured butter and coconut oil. Maybe I just need to give my body a chance to burn stored fat? I have been averaging 60% of cals from fat which seems to be typical for a PBer. Maybe this will be a maintenance percentage but I definitely lost more with the leaner choices and was able to get enough grams of protein in before over doing it on calories.
            Maybe use a little less butter and a little less coconut oil and see if that helps. Try tracking with Health Correlator: Health markers varying inexplicably? Do some detective work with HCE.

Comment

js290, what's your problem?

Comment

js290, what's your problem?
                Why do people come to MDA and bring their CW baggage with them?

Comment

js290, you seem to be all over the place. I am going to assume you are just kidding around because first you say calories don't matter, then you recommend reducing calories.

Comment

Originally posted by js290 View Post
                    Why do people come to MDA and bring their CW baggage with them?
                    Why do people come to MDA and sound so bloody arrogant?

Comment

Originally posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
                      js290, you seem to be all over the place. I am going to assume you are just kidding around because first you say calories don't matter, then you recommend reducing calories.
                      You're confusing calories with macronutrients. If you're obsessive and have to count, count macronutrients. Otherwise, just eat real food and learn to listen to your body's signaling. Ask yourself whether you're eating because you're really hungry, or are you eating for fun?

Why do people come to MDA and sound so bloody arrogant?
                      That happens when the validity of one's own beliefs are challenged. Does one come here looking for a support group to affirm one's existing bad choices, that is to say a different way of counting calories and having cheat meals. Or, does one come here to learn and share new information because you've decided what you know and use to know is not adding up.

Comment

That happens when the validity of one's own beliefs are challenged. Does one come here looking for a support group to affirm one's existing bad choices, that is to say a different way of counting calories and having cheat meals. Or, does one come here to learn and share new information because you've decided what you know and use to know is not adding up.
                        No my beliefs were not challenged, not looking for a support group to affirm bad choices etc. I don't count calories myself. Somebody having issues with not losing FAT so suggested they cut calories a touch.
                        Very interested in new information and learning but not interested when someone just tries to make themself look smart.

Comment

You're confusing calories with macronutrients. If you're obsessive and have to count, count macronutrients. Otherwise, just eat real food and learn to listen to your body's signaling. Ask yourself whether you're eating because you're really hungry, or are you eating for fun?
                          If you cut macros you cut calories.

Comment

I think the Plateau is busted! I did several days of the "fat fast" suggested by some other PBers. My calories are about the same but the weight and inches are slowly creeping down! I'm thinking I was a bit too lenient with the carbs as high fat has also killed any cravings, which is nice!

Comment

Yay! Sometimes you just have to stick at it and the results come. I know I have a hard time waiting for weight loss I feel I have "earned" by my change in diet.
                              Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Comment

Working...
                              X