All of this talk about cheat meals and refeeding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All of this talk about cheat meals and refeeding

It is ok to have a cheat meal, in fact Mark actually say it may be beneficial to have a cheat meal every 3 weeks or so.

1. It help stimulate Lipase, the fat burning enzyme.
    2. It keeps your insulin sensitivity on its toes.
    3. It keeps you from going crazy like a Vegan.
    4. It will remind you that the food used to eat, actually is not as good tasting and makes you feel like sh1t!

No offense, but watch how quickly your post deteriorates into abject idiocy.
    Personally, I don't believe in primal perfection, just primal good.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

I feel sorry for people who need to plan cheat meals in order to stay with the program. Cheat meals happen often enough just going out to dinner or over to friends houses.

Gordo

Comment

geez these threads....lol

primal isnt a relgion, do whatever you want but you know what is stated TO DO and what NOT to do...take it and make it fit your life. i got drunk last night, it reminded me i need to loosen up more often. i have no hangover. life will go on normally today, whatever

i think the ONLY productive thing for a person to do regarding all this 'cheat' mindset is to occassionally overinduldge in healthy food be it fruit, a whol coconut etc... but that usually results in some mentally undereating days'....

so maybe the point is listen to your body. everyone is inclined to be more hungry some days and not others- take advantage of it
        Get on my Level
        http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

i don't use language like "cheat meal" because i don't believe in "cheating" as a concept (that is, i believe it exists, i don't believe in utilizing it), but i also don't believe it functions in terms of what we eat.

i don't make a concerted effort to go and eat grains every week or every three weeks or whatever. BUT, i do have a 'refeed' about once a week -- it is all primal foods, just more carbs/starch than "normal" and i'm below 100g per day, usually, so it's like eating 110 to 125.

Comment

I guess if you say refeed instead of cheat meal, that makes you so much more accomplished and educated about the whole deal.

Comment

to whom is that directed, nomad?

i mostly call it 'eating' and on fridays or saturdays i notice i tend to eat a bit more than normal. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ViaSwiss View Post
                Best. Quote. Ever.
                simplyprimal.blogspot.com

Comment

4. It will remind you that the food used to eat, actually is not as good tasting and makes you feel like sh1t!
                  +10000 hahahaha. Sometimes it's worth it. 99% of the time, it's not

"The Way We Do Anything Is the Way We Do Everything"
                  ~ Kancho Cameron Shayne

Blog - The Primal Pantry
                  My Leangains/Primal Lifestyle Challenge to begin 2/7/11!
                  Check out the Blog for Daily Progress

Comment

I never thought about this before, but it must be difficult to be Vegan.

If you're someone who can/will indulge in a "cheat" every once in a while, whether it be a slice of apple pie or a piece of bread, it's something we can eat, probably feel a little shitty, and then move on and keep on bein' Primal.

But Vegans....it's not like they can wake up once a month and say "hey, I'd like to have a good BLT today...I'll just write that off as my 20%" or "it's my birthday - I'll have a steak just this one time"

I suddenly have a new respect for their willpower

"The Way We Do Anything Is the Way We Do Everything"
                    ~ Kancho Cameron Shayne

Blog - The Primal Pantry
                    My Leangains/Primal Lifestyle Challenge to begin 2/7/11!
                    Check out the Blog for Daily Progress

Comment

I think....the only non-primal food that is consumed occasionally and qualifies as a cheat is alcohol. And it definitely does a body good. Consumed infrequently and in minimal quantities...(i.e. I'm not talking shots of Jaeger and JD)...it actually "changes it up" for your body as well as reduces stress, both mentally and physically. I drink a couple of glasses of red wine or a beer or two on weekends.

The other crap...honestly, I could give a rats ass about. I dont care one bit about eating any sugar, grains, processed crap or gluten filled franken foods. Fruit, which is a primal food, barely even interests me. And I dont normally eat it.

Bottom line is I like Primal Foods. Thats why this lifestyle works for me. I dont need to "cheat". Why would I want to make myself feel like shit again, the way I did when I ate CW?
                      If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
                      James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

Comment

It is ok to have a cheat meal, in fact Mark actually say it may be beneficial to have a cheat meal every 3 weeks or so.

1. It help stimulate Lipase, the fat burning enzyme.
                        2. It keeps your insulin sensitivity on its toes.
                        Can you give a link to the blog or book page where he said this, I'd like to read up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad1 View Post
                          I guess if you say refeed instead of cheat meal, that makes you so much more accomplished and educated about the whole deal.
                          No. "Cheat" if you use that term (which I dont) means either "non-primal" or "off plan" (Since my primal plan may not look like your primal plan so what is a "cheat" for you might be "completely in my normal plan" for me).

Refeed can be totally primal and is a planned increase in carbohydrates...usually from root vegetables or fruit...for a specific purpose.
                          MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Comment

to me a cheat implies me spending more money on food than i have to spend or otherwise should, thus if i 'refeed' its when i break down and buy a bigass bone in cowboy rib eye and all the fixins to make it magical(charcoal, onions good freshgreen etc) and get good shank bones and roast some marrow for potatoes

seriously, youll never envision 'cheat mentality again after a meal like that, yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                            Get on my Level
                            http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MalPaz View Post
                              to me a cheat implies me spending more money on food than i have to spend or otherwise should, thus if i 'refeed' its when i break down and buy a bigass bone in cowboy rib eye and all the fixins to make it magical(charcoal, onions good freshgreen etc) and get good shank bones and roast some marrow for potatoes

seriously, youll never envision 'cheat mentality again after a meal like that, yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                              heh...funny I suppose would define cheat for me as the opposite. Spending LESS money on "food" and therefore getting low quality food.

Spending MORE is perhaps a treat, but not a cheat.
                              MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Comment

Working...
                              X