lentils are evil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lentils are evil

i somehow ate some the other day and have never felt so gross after.
    i can cheat with a bit of wheat every now and again without a huge issue
    i can eat too much sugar and just feel slightly crappy.

i ate lentil soup, and wanted to die.

that is all.
    journal

my mom just made huge thing of lentil soup and I think she's planning on trying to feed it to me when I come home this weekend... udshfgahgjfdn.
    somehow she doesn't understand that lentils aren't primal.

The 8 homemade beef meatballs in the freezer, however, will be gone in an instant
    My Journal!! (but start at page 10 lol) - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread26553.html

Weather weenie and bacon-addict who wants to get back to looking and feeling fabulous.

Comment

You know from the perspective of the lentils, you are the evil one. It is just defending itself.
      Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Stabby View Post
        You know from the perspective of the lentils, you are the evil one. It is just defending itself.

see! see!
        then lentils are in fact trying to kill me!
        journal

Comment

Originally posted by Kay Exeye View Post
          see! see!
          then lentils are in fact trying to kill me!
          Well, you started it.

Comment

LOL!
            I ate some kidney beans recently, had the most horrific blood sugar crash later on. Been a while since that's happened!
            Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
            Harold Whitman

Comment

Not to mention the fact that they're just gross. I ate so many beans back in the low-fat, high fiber days that they make me nauseous just thinking about them.

Comment

I love lentils and actually miss them more than other beans. I used to make a mean lentil curry that was requested by all my groups of people for get togethers, no matter what their dietary choices were.

But yes, they try to kill me. Bathroom issues galore.

Comment

I made a GINORMOUS pot of pintos (soaked and rinsed of course!) and country ham two nights ago, and I burned my tongue eating them while they were still hot because I'd missed them so! But then yesterday? Why hello thar gaseous emissions, I hadn't missed YOU at all. :\

Funnily enough, beans were one of the things that used to NEVER give me gas.
                  5'6" 27 y/o female, Primal 6 months and counting.

CW: 160 -- in single-digit dress sizes for the first time in 12 years!

GW: 150 -- for swimsuit season

Comment

i don't miss beans AT ALL!

Comment

argh, yeah. lentils in the lamb dish I had for lunch the other day, followed by 2 days of ick. poor hubby.

Apparently wheat/gluten doesn't get me unless I overdose - a few cheats here and there and I was fine, but bread 5 days in a row while we were travelling resulted in 5 days of pain. my friend's upcoming pasta potluck does not look good to me now.

Comment

I miss lentils because I have a really delicious soup recipe that uses lentils, kale and garlicy sausage. I might still make it on occasion and just soak the lentils. It's very warming on a cold winter day.

Comment

Lentils/legumes in general (oh god, CASHEWS, AH!) are worse for me than even wheat..

Comment

Originally posted by Kay Exeye View Post
                            i somehow ate some the other day and have never felt so gross after.
                            i can cheat with a bit of wheat every now and again without a huge issue
                            i can eat too much sugar and just feel slightly crappy.
                            i ate lentil soup, and wanted to die.
                            that is all.
                            Everyone puts onions in the soup. Gross!

Before you onion lovers respond, I put an evil virus up that will make your computer explode if you type "I love onions."

Comment

I love lentils and as long as I soak them and SPROUT them they are just fine and don't give me any issues. Prepared any other way and they are quite problematic.

Comment

Working...
                              X