Beets...good or bad?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beets...good or bad?

I love pickled beets in my spinach salads. Are they okay to eat or should I cut them out

Make sure they're not packed in sugar, artificial dyes, or preservatives. Other than that, they're fine!

Comment

I love roasted beets in my salad and I use the beet greens too. It's a super healthy food!

Comment

Beets are great...a little high in sugar but not bad. The nice thing about them (as I was just reading the other day) is that because they're so fibrous, the sugar in them is released very slowly - so overall it has a very low glycemic impact. Not sure if that's the right term, but, yeah. It's not as bad as other things with the same amount of sugar.

...plus they're supposed to be quite good for blood pressure.
        carl's cave

Comment

I roast my own with evoo and balsamic vinegar...love 'em!! I'll roast up 3-4 medium beets at once and eat them over the course of 3-4 days as a side dish or on salads. They're great because they're good hot or cold!
          Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

i have read beets are like a wonder food... i like beet greens but have never tried the purple bulb at the end lol
            Get on my Level
            http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Eat a few beets and watch the colour of your poop! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by O_O View Post
                Eat a few beets and watch the colour of your poop! LOL
                Um, yeah... There have been times when I forgot that I'd eaten beets the night before, and had a total panic. "OHMYGODMYPOOPISFUSHIAI'MGOINGTO DDDIIIEEE!!!!"

Comment

That's my favorite part about beets. I mean they are really tasty, but purple poop makes me giggle.

Comment

LOL

Also good for learning about your transit time from mouth to toilet!

Comment

Beets. Bears. Battlestar Galactica.

Also - cold, purple borscht is amazing!
                      Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Comment

I feed my dogs a primal diet instead of crap dog food and i boiled a beet the other day and added it to there food, little did i know there pee would turn red and my wife thought they were peeing blood!!! Either way a very high antioxidant and healthy food...

Comment

Slice 'em across about 1/4 in thick. Fry in bacon fat/butter/coconut oil/lard (as you like) 'bout 4 min each side.

Or just eat raw, whole, like an apple. (Wash but dont bother to peel.) Pee blood! (eat asparagus at the same time as beet....then pee "vampire blood"!)
                          activate the rhythm, the rhythm that has always been within

Comment

Golden beets avoid the purple poo and thinking your bleeding into your urine issue.
                            http://www.theprimalprepper.com - preparing for life's worst while living for the best

Comment

Originally posted by frances View Post
                              Um, yeah... There have been times when I forgot that I'd eaten beets the night before, and had a total panic. "OHMYGODMYPOOPISFUSHIAI'MGOINGTO DDDIIIEEE!!!!"
                              Yes, yes and yes. Gets the heart pumping for 10 seconds or so until one remembers!

Comment

Working...
                              X