Bok choy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bok choy

I bought a big head of bok choy for a stir fry. I used about half for the stir fry, but I've got a lot left that I need to do something with. What are some primal uses for bok choy? anyone use this veggie in anything other than a stir fry?

You might be able to put some in a coconut curry dish as well as your stir-frys.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

I consider it one of the veggies best for a rice substitute when you want a bed of something under a protein serving. The way I usually do it is to saute it in bacon fat or olive oil with a little garlic, green onion or shallot until wilted. It can even be grilled or braised all the way to having its edges browned a bit like you would with green onion and is very tasty like that. When I have extra like you do, I throw it, chopped, into a freezer bag and then can just grab a handful to add variety to more dishes later.

Comment

Google Bok Choy recipes and you'll come up with dozen of recipes you can make into primal dishes by using coconut oil, etc. I love the mild flavor. My favorite, in line with Balance's reply, is saute in coconut oil, throw in come curry, (and a little GF whole cream makes it really delicious), &/or toss in some bacon bits. You can do the same with white cabbage. My favorite veg dish.
        This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
        Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

Bok Choy is a filler veg. You can do just about anything with it. I use if mostly for stir frys, but it can be a rice substitute, a lettus sub on a burger, salad, grilled. Anything you would use other greens for.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks so much for the suggestions guys! Slacker, when you use it as a rice substitute, are you grating or mincing it to get it more "rice-like" or are you just chopping/dicing it into larger chunks?

Comment

Working...
            X