What are you snacking on these days?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you snacking on these days?

I'm back on the wagon and looking for snack ideas.

Thanks!

Michele

Home made venison jerky.

Comment

Nothing. Two good meals per day and that's it.

Comment

Macadamia nuts, almond butter, coconut butter, hemp milk.
        Jaime, wife to Phaedrus and primal mama to A (4) and X (1).

Comment

That's hard for me. Often I chug some pastured heavy cream. (Yes, really)
          Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

I made a variation on the primal protein snack bars ( Primal Energy Bar Redux: Making a Better Bar | Mark's Daily Apple ) last night.

Scrapped the coconut flakes, unsweetened whey protein powder.

Added an extra egg plus:

1oz Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate (chunked on top)
            2 scoops Muscle Milk "Chocolate"

Results - pretty good. Should have left out the honey at that point, probably didn't need the vanilla either. Choclate should have bee melted down and mixed in. Not sure how "primal" the Muscle milk and choclate I used were, but it's worth playing with.

Comment

I'm not giving up dairy until I find a new quick source of protein. Greek yogurt, milk, almonds, berries, apples.
              In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

Macadamia nuts and coffee.
                "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

Kale chips (tear up kale, drizzle with oil, sprinkle on some sea salt, bake), grassfed beef jerky, cherry tomatoes, cucumber.
                  “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Occasionally I eat a few macadamia nuts. That's about it.

Comment

Smoked Meat ( from the Butcher near my house , he smokes it himself and is very proud of his work ! ) ...or some nuts ..or coconut cream mixed with banana ( in the blender )
                      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paleo-...43036789093004

Comment

Unsalted roasted pistachios

Comment

chilled coconut cream over berries or a banana with a drizzle of almond butter. A handful of macadamia nuts b/c Costco finally got them back in stock!

Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

No snacking, I'd rather eat a meal.
                            http://kitoikitchen.blogspot.com/

Comment

unsweetened coconut flakes. not sure how good that is but I have a hard time getting in enough fats and I think these help with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X