Spirulina and Chlorella ..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spirulina and Chlorella ..

Anybody take these ? What do you think of them and what form do you think is the best , pill or powder ?
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paleo-...43036789093004

Lol... good timing. I just opened my first jar of spirulina powder, and discovered that one teaspoon has the power to turn my morning smoothie blue-green and distinctly algae-flavoured. Yay. Looks like it stains my skin bright green, too - er, where I spilled the powder, that is. Though I haven't actually looked in the mirror since drinking it...

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary View Post
      Lol... good timing. I just opened my first jar of spirulina powder, and discovered that one teaspoon has the power to turn my morning smoothie blue-green and distinctly algae-flavoured. Yay. Looks like it stains my skin bright green, too - er, where I spilled the powder, that is. Though I haven't actually looked in the mirror since drinking it...
      lol....I take both in powder form , mixed in room temp water , and your skin isn't the only thing it turns green ! It gives new meaning to the term ' Green Movement ' ...if you know what I mean

Comment

Ah, something to look forward to!

OK, so what are the (other) benefits? I'm trying to remember why I bought it.

Comment

Spirulina is supposed to be very high in protein ...and Chlorella supposedly aids in detoxing heavy metals from our system ...not sure if this is marketing hype or science but I first learnt of them watching a Doco called Food Matters ..
          YouTube - Food Matters Official Trailer
          Green Superfood | Discover Green Superfoods and how Food Matters | FOODMATTERSŪ

Comment

I remember the phrase 'bio-available protein' when listening to someone espousing the benefits during The Great Health Debate (whoever it was who debated against Mercola).
            My Journal

Comment

And that leaves me still wondering why I bought it, as bio-available protein is one thing I'm not short of nowadays. Maybe I was just going through a blue-green phase...

Comment

My pusher..er..supplement provider had a deal on chlorella, so have recently decided to try it. I know it's supposed to help with removing metals from the body. I really have no way of quantifying that. I do know that I've noticed a better overall feeling and more energy. So far, my inclination would be to continue taking it when my supply runs out.
                Start weight 403 09/29/2010
                Current weight 335
                On my way to becoming half the man I used to be...

Comment

Originally posted by Uncledave View Post
                  My pusher..er..supplement provider had a deal on chlorella, so have recently decided to try it. I know it's supposed to help with removing metals from the body. I really have no way of quantifying that. I do know that I've noticed a better overall feeling and more energy. So far, my inclination would be to continue taking it when my supply runs out.
                  I was told this as well , which is why I decided to try it ...Hoping to get rid of all the fluoride I have accumulated over the years !

Comment

Check out the user reviews in the links below for info about the benefits of spirulina and chlorella.

I've tried both, and used tablet forms for both, because I'm not a fan of the taste in smoothie form. I continue to use chlorella for its health benefits, and because the tablets have a pleasant, almost jellybean-like subtle flavor, whereas my first bottle of spirulina was my last; it tasted to me like a dirty fishtank :P

Now Foods, Chlorella, 1000 mg, 120 Tablets - iHerb.com

Now Foods, 100% Natural Spirulina, 500 mg, 500 Tablets - iHerb.com

Comment

Looks like it stains my skin bright green, too - er, where I spilled the powder, that is. Though I haven't actually looked in the mirror since drinking it...
                      car MP3 Player

MP3 Player

Comment

I use greenergy by energy first. I usually add it to my protien shake. It has probiotics in it as well.
                        Jillian
                        Strict Vegetarian going primal as of 3/2011. This is a tough row to hoe!

So far I am down:
                        • 6lbs
                        • 1% BMI
                        • 1" in my waist
                        • 2.5" at my belly button
                        • 1" in my hips

Comment

hmm there's spirulina in my daily multi...made by raindow light i think?
                          Get on my Level
                          http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

I used to take spirulina on occasion when I was a vegan. I believe there's spirulina in my multi-vitamin, and I occasionally drink kombucha tea made with spirulina/chlorella. I've never really noticed any benefits specific to the spirulina, though.

Comment

I take chlorella in tablet form every morning. I used to put it in my smoothies but I too didn't like the algae after taste that it gave off. I have been using it because I had an amalgam (mercury) filling on a root canaled tooth that broke and needed removal. During the removal process the body is exposed to a lot of the mercury. I have seen studies that show it can take years for the body to remove mercury when it has crossed the blood/brain barrier even with the proper chelating agents like chlorella. Without heavy metal chelation some people are affected by mercury poisoning for most of their lives. Chlorella isn't only shown to be effective for heavy metal toxicity chelation but has also shown to be high in anti-oxidants and good for the digestive system.
                              "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

Working...
                              X