• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://perfecthealthdiet.com/

Perfect Health Diet

Any comments on the book ?

TIA

Eddie

Lots of comments from MDA'ers here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread15007.html

HTH!
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

It's my favorite paleo diet book of all. It's just diet.

Gordo

Comment

I've ordered book but really enjoy reading the blog. It changed my view on carbohydrates - was a little scared of eating too much carbs but not any more.

Comment

I know what you mean. Now I'm scared of eating too little. I was for a while. LOL

Gordo

Comment

It is the best book I have read on nutrition. Period. Better than the primal blueprint, rob wolf's book, primal body primal mind, etc. Highly recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue View Post
              I've ordered book but really enjoy reading the blog. It changed my view on carbohydrates - was a little scared of eating too much carbs but not any more.
              Edit - Speak of the devil - my son popped outside and founda box from Amazon near the letterbox - it was the Perfect Health Diet just delivered.

Comment

At first, i wanted to get ''The Paleo Diet'' for my first ''THE diet book''. Then, i came across this thanks to the OP of this thread, read the reviews on the net and basic ideas of the eating plan, and just ordered it.

Hope it won't disappoint as my first ''overall'' diet book and may it be my last that i need to cover the basics of healthy eating.

Comment

It's probably my favorite blog. I'm guessing it will be my favorite book, too... but I haven't read it yet because I'm extremely frugal.

Oh! IF ANYONE HAS A USED BOOK THEY WANT TO SELL ME I WILL BUY IT!
                  Seriously, please don't hesitate to let me know! I've been looking for a used copy for months.

Comment

What are people's experiences with weight loss going from PB to the Perfect Health Diet? Actually, weight loss or any other positives or negatives..

Comment

Primal blueprint is very similar to Perfect Health Diet from what I gather. Perfect health diet allows some grains like quinoa and white rice, but there is no reason why that junk would be an improvement over primal blueprint.

Anyway I ordered the book and it has been shipped. The blog is great and really provides demonstrably true and accurate information. Superb. Also check out Paul's interview with Jimmy Moore.
                      Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

They list quinoa under "Possibly Safe Starches". Hardly a real recommendation.

Gordo

Comment

This isn't on the kindle and it's $25. Kind of a bummer .

Comment

The only grain they recommend is white rice. They recommend tubers, like potato, yam, taro, and tapioca. They don't recommend quinoa, they are undecided about it.

The allowed daily protein is lower than PB.

The authors use a small amount of brown rice syrup for a sweetener. IMO, that's not a good thing, and most celiacs wouldn't touch it due to cross contamination issues.

I was stalled on PB, so I tried PHD (they recommended 1400 calories a day) and I lost a bit of weight, but I didn't feel very well while on it, so I went back to PB. The info they provide on their blog and in their book is interesting, but I am not in total agreement with everything they advise. I don't think their diet is for everyone. I'd suggest it to people who have been on a SAD or CW diet all their lives, and have a hard time giving up starches, or for people who have had GI issues. But for someone like me with a broken metabolism, 40 pounds to lose, and severe arthritis, (nightshades - potatoes in large amounts bother me) PB is much better. I like the Jaminets, but I am not sure that they think every food brand or supplement brand suggestion through before recommending it.
                            Last edited by Suzan; 03-24-2011, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzan View Post
                              I was stalled on PB, so I tried PHD (they recommended 1400 calories a day) and I lost a bit of weight, but I didn't feel very well while on it, so I went back to PB.
                              I'm confused. As far as I can see, the two diets have about a 95% overlap The carb quantity recommendations are identical, 100 - 150g per day. When you say that you dropped PHD and went back to PB, what exactly do you mean?

Gordo

Gordo

Comment

Working...
                              X