Binging on BBQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binging on BBQ

I am strict. Very strict primal/paleo. I also live in the BBQ capital of TX and will sit down and eat pounds of fatty BBQ in one sitting, multiple times a week. I know this can't be good in the long run. I just feel justified since I am staying within the parameters. What to do!?
    sigpic
    http://howtodieyoung.blogspot.com

Eat it and enjoy it. Smoked meat should not be a major issue. I would be more worried about the sugary sauce (if any) and the sides - fries, baked beans etc.

Comment

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
      Eat it and enjoy it. Smoked meat should not be a major issue. I would be more worried about the sugary sauce (if any) and the sides - fries, baked beans etc.
      I second what canio said. I eat BBQ once maybe twice a week. No sauce, just smoked meat heaven. The only side I get from our local BBQ joint is greens. The greens are to die for! Remember, don't fear the fat, fear the starch. That should become our mantra.
      Georgette

Comment

Haha, even if i eat 3 lbs. I mean isn't anything in excess bad?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HowToDieYoung View Post

So some people say. I for one would like to try living with an excess of money for a while - say 40-50 years.

Comment

Holy crap batman!! Have a salad with it?
            Georgette

Comment

Originally posted by geostump View Post
              Remember, don't fear the fat, fear the starch.
              If you're even somewhat metabolically stable, I wouldn't fear the starch, either. It's the fructose/plant toxins (gluten, phytates, lectins, etc.)/and n-3:n-6 ratio that we have to be mindful of.

Comment

Every. Single. Day. (nearly anyhow)

Seriously, I was even grilling sausage for my kids lunch yesterday morning at 6:30.

Comment

I only eat the meat, maybe some vinegar based bbq sauce. I skip the sides. Waste of money and stomach space.
                  sigpic

Comment

*shrug* You only live once! Also, I've been known to knock back a fair amount of meat in a single sitting and I'm healthier than ever before.

Comment

I can get a pound of pulled pork and have trouble even finishing that. Hell even my husband who is a big eater can't eat more than a pound.
                      Georgette

Comment

I only eat the meat, maybe some vinegar based bbq sauce. I skip the sides. Waste of money and stomach space.
                        Amen

Comment

I just like the smokieness of the meat. No need for sauce. Maybe I should just invest in a smoker and make my own.
                          Georgette

Comment

I'm sure there is a good Primal BBQ sauce here on the forums.

Ha! I am not the only one who eats a lot of meat in one sitting. Beef for the win.
                            "Carbs are the victim, not the crime" - ChocoTaco

Comment

Originally posted by highaerials36 View Post
                              I'm sure there is a good Primal BBQ sauce here on the forums.

Ha! I am not the only one who eats a lot of meat in one sitting. Beef for the win.
                              After growing up with the bbq sauce my mom made, I won't touch any but hers. I need to find a way to primalize it.

I scare my husband with the amount of meat I eat. It does literally scare him.
                              Georgette

Comment

Working...
                              X